6178Tiger eye revisited:

  • anthonianthonianthoni
    Nov 15, 2011
      Dear marblers:
      I have been recently experimenting with the "tiger eye" pattern.
      however, I have some questions regarding this.

      I) the historical formulae of the pattern. when they specify lampblack, is it in the form of a dry pigment, w/o binder, or a watercolour/ gouache. if the diffrence is not spelled out, which one works better?

      II) Now, I also have come across examples of the pattern, but with the backgrounds of the "eyesopts" being purple, yellow, or orange , instead of being white with black rays. how was this done?
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic