6036Collections

  • carylhanc@aol.com
    Feb 24, 2011
      Hi, All,

      The recent post of the ebay offering brought this question to mind:

      Would the members of the list who know of marbling collections that are available (usually by appointment) to the public, please write a note to the list locating them? I am teaching a basic marbling class at Arrowmont in Tennessee and would love to include a list of "when you travel" potentials in my handout.

      I know about the Houghton Library at Harvard, and the book arts rare books at the Denver Public Library, and the Newberry in Chicago. I think I remember hearing about a collection at Indiana University in Bloomington, the Governor's Palace in New Mexico and the Seattle Public Library, but don't have specifics. And what else?

      If there are like collections outside the US, I would love to be able to include them in the list.

      Thank you in advance!
      Caryl Hancock, Indianapolis