5955Marbling class at Arrowmont

  • carylhanc@aol.com
    Jan 5, 2011
      Happy New Year to All - may all your colors float!

      The Arrowmont School of Art and Craft (Gatlinburg, Tennessee) catalog came earlier this week, and what an amazing thrill to see my name listed as the instructor for an introductory class on marbling in it! www.arrowmont.org.

      The class begins on Thursday, March 17 in the afternoon and ends on Sunday afternoon the 20th.

      We will be covering marbling on both paper and fabric and include suminagashi, a form of Japanese marbling from Japan that dates to the 11th century. This technique of floating inks on water can also be done on fabric.

      There are few things more fun in my opinion than playing with floating, moving colors! If you are interested, it would be great to see you!

      Caryl Hancock, Indianapolis