5708Re: [Marbling] Re: Marbling wood

  • John Goode
    May 30, 2010
      Yes I DO!
      Remember someone spraying spray paint on water and marbling glass ornaments
      at a juried art show...
      Pure mud marbling.They sold their pieces as do your own for 3 dollars each.
      It actually made my shirts stick out as NICE so I sold well and paper cards
      too.
      The smell of that paint was awful! The results were not marbling as we know
      it.
      The irony is 6 weeks later at a show in Santa Fe on the plaza, there was a
      woman doing paper demos and you could paint a big sheet of paper for 3
      dollars! This was super work too the weather was perfect.
      Then I met the folks doing it Katherine Levine, Cov and Leach! I had read
      articles in ink and gall about these folks and was thrilled to meet them and
      see them working.
      So please if your going to do some marbling in public use carrageenan and
      paper and not spray paint on water so people can see the real stuff!
      Anyone else have some demo stories to share?
      John Goode
      watermarktile.com