5696Re: Introdution and question

  • artsycole
    May 21, 2010
      yes, red, black and metallics give you the most problems. It's hard to find a red paint that will look red on the paper or fabric. It will look red on the gel, but not necessarily on the product. Marbogum will need to be ordered over the internet from
      http://www.prochemicalanddye.com/store/product.php?productid=16345&cat=0&page=1

      if that link breaks, go to the main site and put marbo gum in the search box, otherwise there are several other things that can probably be more easily obtained in your country.

      Each paint pigment has a different character and you will have to adjust them as you go to the amount of water and ox gall or whatever you are using. Some people only use water, no ox gall or anything, so test the paint first without it. Also keep your tools clean and try to work in a dust free place as much as possible.
      Good Luck,Sue