558Re: [Marbling] Hello again and question about colored fabric

  • Laura Sims
    Mar 4, 2001
      Dear Pat,

      If you can not wash out the sizing with washing soda and detergent in hot
      water you may want to look for a different source of fabric. It is an odd
      thing that the dye also affects the absorbancy. I work on different color
      silks and find that as well. If I dye my own silk or cotton however there
      is no inconsistentcy. Wish I knew more about manufactured processes. It is
      a good idea to just buy an 1/8 of a yard in some fabrics and test them
      before buying a quantity. If you buy muslin get it from a place like Dharma
      Trading Co. or another source of PFD fabrics.

      Keep at it though. Working color on color is a wonderful thing...worth the

      Best, Laura