5354Re: [Marbling] Re:Marbo Gum

    Aug 27, 2009
      Thanks Erik.... sounds like good old carrageenan is better, at least for old fashioned watercolor marbling.

      From: Erik Haagensen<mailto:erik@...>
      To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Marbling@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 6:49 AM
      Subject: [Marbling] Re:Marbo Gum

      I have just tried Marbogum together with their marbling colours.

      I'm just a novice in this game, but I have these observations:
      (- and of course it's my opinions only)

      + Easy to mix (needs some "settling time" however)
      + Usability of ready mixture last for several weeks
      + Nice, "silke-like" surface after drying

      - Dries up slowly (probably 'cause it leaves a relative thick, wet film on
      the paper)
      - Can in some cases (paper dependent?) make some colour shades in addition
      (like oil on water - or may be "pearly-lustered" is more correct. Much
      dependent of viewing angle and light conditions)

      --
      mvh
      Erik Haagensen