5227Re: [Marbling] Hello.

    Apr 13, 2009
      Hi Feridun... yes to the first question, thanks, and as for the scroll, I have heard it mentioned many times, and forgot the details, I will try to find out more. Maybe someone here with a better memory can add something.

      I recall reading or hearing about the Indian stencil paintings being the earliest example of marbling in the 900s until the scroll was discovered from 700s in China.

      From: Feridun Ozgoren<mailto:feridun.ozgoren@...>
      To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Marbling@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, April 13, 2009 1:42 AM
      Subject: [Marbling] Hello.

      Dear Iris,
      First a bussines question. I had sent the check the same day I received the
      package, did you receive it?
      Second 's an ebru question. You mentioned a marbled Chinese scroll from 700s
      in one of your letters.
      Did you see any picture of it, if you did can you tell if it is done by
      marbling as we know, or, would it be some other paper decorating technique?
      Thanks,
      Feridun Ozgoren