4930Re: [Marbling] Re: first album

  • Ato Menegazzo
    Oct 21, 2008
      Dear Rita,

      Probably is the combination of both, pigments (Guerra paint) and paper (100% cotton). Anyway, if I had used alum then colors would look brighter.
      I had a lot of papers in which colors bleed after making impression.
      The good thing is that I had one step less and it is better for Archival grade.(alum is very acid)
      I usually take a lot of care when I wash the paper, some times I even don´t do it and just hang it and let size to be dropped down when it is hung (I run my risks). Others I let it dry in horizontal position. (then paper will be more rigid)

      Hope it results useful info for you.
      best regards
      César