4789Re: Another great source of marbled paper images.

  • Renato
    Aug 6, 2008
      Hi John,

      There is no need to login...Load the link you provided in your
      message:
      <http://www.specialcollections.mmu.ac.uk/?page_id=17> then, in the
      left menu click on 'More Images' then you have two choices: you can
      hit 'Show All' for thousands of images of all kinds of decorative
      papers or you can search for marbled paper on the quick image search
      box on top right for only marbled papers images.

      All the best,
      Renato

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, John Ang <angchengsiew@...> wrote:

      > Greetings Renato,
      >
      > I cannot load the webpage on the tinyurl link.
      > The only place I saw the collection is here:
      >
      > and that only shows a few images unlike the tons of images on your
      link.

      > Maybe its my browser (I am using IE7 and firefox)  or do you need
      to login to the site?

      > John Ang
      >

      > I just found this great collection of marbled and decorated papers
      >
      > hosted by the Manchester Metropolitan Library.
      >
      > The papers are from the Schmoller collection. 827 samples!...
      >
      > featuring images of the whole sheet and zoom ...But the real
      treasure

      > is hidden from the non persevering ones...After page 50, you can
      find

      > papers from Sidney Cockerell, Marie Ange Doizy, Michel Duval,
      Mustafa