4604Carragheenan fan, too!

  • pktmarble
    Apr 4, 2008
      Iris, I totally agree with your preference for carragheenan for
      marbling (with the possible exception of a variant spelling). Use it
      for paper, fabric, bisque, wood, everything so far! Because it works,
      is dependable, rinses off easily & completely, allows finer lines
      which I prefer in marbling. Tried the MC, but did not like the way it
      slimed onto the paper & refused to be rinsed off! Was also prejudiced
      towards MC when in the first class I took (so many years ago), a batch
      of it was readied for silk scarves & it was one semi-solid gelatinous
      mess! Was rather a turn-off towards the substance.