4434Re: [Marbling] Re: Digital collection

  • anjali gulati
    Nov 29, 2007
      I guess you are the same Jake Benson from Pyramid Books. I did read a lot of your emails on the yahoo group. I already feel dauted by reading the eamils but you have to start somewhereand am prepared to learn and study.

      Anjali

      Jake Benson <jemiljan@...> wrote:
      Thanks for posting that Renato!

      You can limit the search to just "decorative papers" and then use the
      term "paper" to see the examples. The images of Feridun are part of
      the slide collection of Dr. Walter Denny.

      There is actually a site devoted to decorative papers that links in
      with the images:

      http://content.lib.washington.edu/dpweb/index.html

      This is the project that was coordinated by Sandra Kroupa, Katie
      Blake, Kristin Kinsey and Johanna Burgess in 2006-2007. Katie had
      asked the list for more information about the nomenclature.

      It's a wonderful resource! Bravo to the team at UW!

      I also understand that the Metropolitan University of Manchester will
      soon be mounting more materials from the Schmoller collection on the
      web. An initial sampling can be viewed here:

      http://www.specialcollections.mmu.ac.uk/?page_id=17

      Jake Benson