4006Galen Berry workshop NH 4/21

  • Bette Abdu
    Apr 4, 2007
      Kimball Jenkins School of Art, Concord, NH
      Marbling on Paper and Fabric
      with Galen Berry http://members.aol.com/marbling/marbling/

      Saturday April 21st
      11:00am ­ 4:00pm

      $125 Materials provided

      Remember the beautiful, multicolored patterned papers you often see in the
      covers of old books? You can learn to make them yourself in this one-day
      workshop class. We will learn many of the traditional patterns, such as the
      Peacock (shown above), Stone marble, Ripple, Feather, Nonpareil, French
      curl, Italian vein, and more. We will learn proper use of the necessary
      marbling ingredients such as alum, carrageenan, and gall. We will work on
      both paper and fabric. Each person will be able to make up to 15 marbled
      sheets to take home. All the basics of marbling will be covered; after
      this one-day class, you will be able to go home and, with practice, produce
      professional-looking marbled papers and fabric. Marbling has become very
      popular in recent years, and can be used in many ways, such as bookbinding,
      picture framing, lampshades, placemats, gift wrap, collages, scrapbooking,
      and origami. Marbling is fun and easy ­ no artistic talent or ability is
      necessary!
      To register or for more information please call the
      Kimball Jenkins office 603 225-3932