3622Re: [Marbling] Re: Bolts of Fabric

  • jennifer temple
    May 18, 2006
      Hello Gretchen,
      Check out design schools and fashion houses in your area. There is a very good chance they have a place where you can post samples. My dress maker buys the sizes I can produce and then works her patterns to the fabric. You could possibly be selling already.

      Good Luck,
      Jennifer

      gretchen vansant <fine_artist2002@...> wrote:I sew but not well my mom sews or I take it to a seamstress. Thanks.I learned it from all the wonderfull people here......I still would also like to sell to designers. Which is why I was interested in bolt reproduction. But everything in time. Thanks for stopping by, Peace gretchen

      elpmet56 <elpmet56@...> wrote: I went, I saw, I was impressed!! Yes, Mame! That is exactly what I
      expect marbled fabrics to look like. You do wonderful stuff. Do you
      also do the sewing? I leave that to a dress maker I just supply the
      fabric.
      Respectfully,
      Jennifer

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, gretchen vansant
      <fine_artist2002@...> wrote:

      > marbledfabric.com
      >
      > elpmet56 <elpmet56@...> wrote: -Hello again, Gretchen,
      > I have been looking everyy where I could think of. Where can I look at
      > your work? I would love ti see it.
      > Jennifer
      >
      > -- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, gretchen vansant <fine_artist2002@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I'll have to agree but, I find it in bad taste to dis some one's
      > work. I on the other hand I do lovely work . I do have a studio I've
      > just moved to, to do large pieces,but I have run out of funds. please
      > direction :) thanks gretchen marbledfabric.com
      > >
      > > elpmet56 <elpmet56@> wrote: Hello Gretchen,
      > > I followed the link to " quilterstreasure.com, I can not say I am
      > > impressed. His fabrics seem to lack the strong definition I would
      > > expect from marbling. My fabrics are cotton, linen, silk and rayon.
      > > All of the natural fibers seem to take the prints well so I find it
      > > curious his prints are not stronger and more defined. I will say this,
      > > you can't beat his prices. I'm going to go back and have an other look
      > > but I don't think he is doing anything I could sell to my designers
      > > who would all like me to produce larger lengths of the patterns I have
      > > already sold them.
      > >
      > > I stopped at 60-64 inches because that was all the room in my studio
      > > and I could not fit a larger tank. - We are building hunting right now
      > > and hope to find a commercial/residential/studio place to house our
      > > rare book business, my studio and still have bath, bed and kitchen.
      > > I'll try to get bigger after we are resetteled.
      > >

      > > --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, gretchen vansant
      > > <fine_artist2002@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Now I'm just a marbler like you,I do mostly 45"x 72 myself. Someone
      > > here may have a better answer. A man from
      > > http://www.quilterstreasure.com/ mass produces his stuff and travels
      > > around selling it. He'll be at the quilt symposium this summer in
      > > Hershey PA where I plan to check him out. And ask him where he goes.
      > > When I lived in San Francisco the Fashion Merchandisers booklet had
      > > ads for Digital picture reproduction? for mass blots. I would suspect
      > > It wouldn't be cheap. Gretchen... marbledfabric.com
      > > >
      > > > elpmet56 <elpmet56@> wrote: Ah! Fooey! Now I am really
      > > disapointed! I'll have to look closer next
      > > > time. It has been my ambition to do longer segments of original
      > > > marbled yardage so I guess I just have to keep up the R&D until
      I can
      > > > get there on my own.
      > > > Thanks for letting me know. I can now assume they feed the pattern
      > > > into some kind of program that repeats endless reams of the same
      > thing.
      > > > Jennifer
      > > >
      > > > --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, gretchen vansant

      > from
      > silk.
      CAN THIS

      > > > Game art design college Art design Graphic art design
      program

      > > > Service.

      > > > Art and design school Art design class Art design degree
      > > Game art design college Art design Graphic art design program

      > > Service.

      > > Art and design school Art design class Art design degree
      > Game art design college Art design Graphic art design program

      > Service.

      Service.