3553Paper question

  • blynnekelly
    Apr 2, 2006
      Hello Marbling Forum, It has been suggested to me that I should ask
      some of you about the best paper to buy for marbling. I am very new at
      it and have been taking several steps backwards with things like
      putting alum on paper and then watching all the color slide off.
      (Because of the calcium coating on the paper...) I am curious if there
      is a way paper can be tested to see whether or not one should first
      apply alum. I am experimenting with watercolors, oils, inks, and
      acrylics.
      AND
      Is it OK to wash carrageenan down the sink?
      Thank you for any and all help!
      Lynne