3460Re: drying rack, was very large trays

  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Feb 19, 2006
      Yes, they are cumbersome, and anyway the wings are useless for bigger formats ( I use 70
      x 50cm, that is ca. 27.5 x 20 inch). I simply get hold of an iron-saw and saw off the wings,
      makes the racks much more handy. When you use not only the rods but also the frame of
      the racks, there is room for 20 sheets per rack. As 80 to 85 full-size sheets are what I can
      do per day when the pattern and the weather gods allow, 4 racks are what I need. They
      last for years.

      Susanne

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "angchengsiew" <angchengsiew@...> wrote:

      > Dear Susanne,
      > I usually hang my papers. The collapsible laundary rack you describe
      > is what I have at the moment. Its quite cumbersome since it has 3
      > folds(one middle and two wings?). Maybe I should look at other more
      > compact models.
      >
      > Thanks for all other suggestions.
      >
      > --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "hamburgerbuntpapier_de"
      > <studio@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi John,
      > >
      > > do you want hang up your sheets, or do you prefer to dry them lying
      > flat?
      > >
      > > For hanging, I use the normal collapsible drying racks for laundry,
      > the variety that has
      > > enamelled rods instead of lines, plus ordinary clothes pegs. Sounds
      > rather profane but
      > > works perfectly and can be put into a dark and quiet corner when
      > you're through for the
      > > day, and it's cheap.
      > >
      > > For laying them flat, my husband has designed a folding rack for me
      > that is fixed to the
      > > wall and can make itself next to invisible when it is not needed.
      > Gives a certain amount of
      > > work while building it, preferably by a person who knows how to
      > glue and saw wood and
      > > how to drill wide wholes.

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic