3287Re: [Marbling] (unknown)

  • Brent Mydland
    Nov 17, 2005
      I always shoot for 7 but 6.5-7.8/ 8 are all good.
      The water people probably dew it for you, ever try boiling a day before? or just let it sit a day or two or three before using.the rainwater idea sounds good but Ive never done it.
      Hope all this helps as it will take time for the hypothysis to play out.
      Fun part of marbling is no rules, like goolash everybody makes it but its what works for you.
      John@...

      gretchen vansant <fine_artist2002@...> wrote:
      So what is the correct ph?

      Brent Mydland <jbg78734@...> wrote: OK everything has to be 70 degrees.( the catts outta the bag ) the humidity above 50 percent and the paints prob got hot while in trans po. all waters are differnt take a PH reading call the water dept and ask them what kind of CL2 they are using thats chlorine, I work at a water plant ( real job ) and ive moved around I know adjusting can kill everything,,,thats why i love people doing classes on the road, Don was the master of last minute adjusting anyway try all these and let us know.
      Hope your floating!
      Peace Johnny

      Gail MacKenzie <gailmackenzi@...> wrote:
      > Thank you everyone, again I'm trying to solve paint dropping problem. I'm
      > doing everything the same,even more dispersent ,but no luck. First I'm gonna
      > try warming up the room alittle more, afilter on the water source,new paints,
      > If it comes down to it bottled distilled water. But alas using bottled water
      > IS expensive for me. I use 22-26 gallons ,but its better than wasting time
      > energy and supplies! Gretchen

      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      > the web.
      > *
      > *
      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      Hello Gretchen,
      I am quite certain that temperature is the problem/solution. Make certain
      that the paints and the tray solution are the same temperature and then,
      warming up the room will be the answer. I used to keep a heater warmer my
      tray table to eliminate a cold corner where the paints would NOT ever spread
      as on the rest of the tray. Best wishes, Gail

      Art and design school Art design class Art design degree Game art design college Graphic art design program School of graphic art design