Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

3015Re: Marbling and marbleizing

Expand Messages
  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Apr 18, 2005
      Paul, is's not confusion, really, just tying up some loose ends. What we're trying to
      accomplish is a compilation of terms for decorated and decorative papers. More loose
      ends than we have anyway is about the last thing we need. Kært barn ha' mange navne...
      translating roughly as: a beloved child has many names!

      Thank you all!

      Susanne Krause

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, David Graham <uuglypher@g...> wrote:
      > Didn't know there was confusion.
      > Always took "marbelizing" to be exactly what you stated.
      > As for marbling, have always taken it to be transfering a floating
      > pattern onto paper, cloth, or any other receptive substrate.
      > What is the supposed point of confusion?
      > Dave Graham
      > On 4/17/05, hamburgerbuntpapier_de <hamburgerbuntpapier@t...> wrote:
      > >
      > >
      > > Could it be that the expression 'marblelizing' means to paint 'marble' with the
      > > techniques and tools on paper, wood or any material that is cheaper than the real
      > > As opposed to the expression 'marbling' for what most members of the list do by
      > > off floating patterns with a sheet of paper?
      > > ...asks yours truly, a non-native-English-speaking German decorated paper-maker
      who is
      > > deep into nomenclature and hopes that one or the other of you has given this a
      thought or
      > > two...
      > >
      > > Susanne Krause
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic