2883How to manage your yahoo mail WITHOUT a Yahoo ID

  • Jake Benson
    Feb 1, 2005
      Greetings again everyone,

      A friend on another list responded to my recent post with another
      helpful method for dealing managing your yahoo group mail WITHOUT
      signing in at Yahoo's Web site. Sorry to bother with this for the more
      experienced, but for those who are still very new to computers and
      email, you may find this useful.

      One option is to create a folder for the list's messages in your E-mail
      inbox and then, in your E-mail program, set up a message filter that
      sends every message that has the group's name in its subject line into
      that folder.

      Another is to change your Yahoo list settings by sending commands to
      the server instead of by signing onto the Web site. You can get an
      informative message that lists these commands for any Yahoo list by
      replacing "groupname" in the first sentence in the message below with
      the name of the group in question. (I find it helpful to have a folder
      called "Welcome Messages" in which I save the welcome message I get
      whenever I join a group, along with at least one of these automated
      help messages, so I can find the commands when I want them.)

      Hoping this is helpful,

      Jake Benson