      From: Brent Mydland<mailto:jbg78734@...>
      To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Marbling@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, December 26, 2004 7:27 PM
      Subject: Re: [Marbling] Re: Without alum

      Once on the phone with Dexter Ing he told me that someone was using another mordant that was found in every kitchen and that it would soon appear in an article in Ink & Gall but that ended........Anyone that can tell us this would be helpful.
      Dexter are you on this list?
      Peace John Goode

      IRIS NEVINS <irisnevins@...<mailto:irisnevins@...>> wrote:
      my only problem with acrylics is that I have not been able to get good Stormonts or French Shells. I have mixed the base with watercolor too, same problem. I prefer the watercolors any day, except for the alum need.