  • Stoffeez@aol.com
    Aug 27, 2004
      Fellow marblers...

      Has anyone had any problems getting carrag from FMC? I've been getting it
      from them for over 15 years. I just ordered another 55 kilos, and they
      called back to say that they don't have it right now. I asked them when they
      would have it again, and I was told "maybe next year".

      I tried asking other questions to the representative in Customer Service, and
      she appeared rather vague and didn't answer my questions. They seem to be
      having trouble getting the seaweed. FMC is offering an alternative
      product...Viscarin GP 109... has anyone tried it for marbling? They say that it is
      a weaker product, and it cost 65 cents more per kilo than the 209.

      Does anyone know of any other suppliers for carrag, and where, and for what
      price per kilo?