2533Re: [Marbling] Marbling on Canvas

  • Brent Mydland
    Aug 17, 2004
      You should have very GOOD luck using silk.

      It usually always works, its very expensive but worth it.

      Remember not to iron or heat set until you have nuetralized/removed the alum from the fabric or it will turn into a strong acid and desinegrate the fiber, just a slight hand wash shjould do it drip dry.

      If your still not sure I can help ya make a nuertal solution.

      Marble the silk and post the results! Cant wait! enjoy!

      JBG

      Caroline Tigeress <c.tigeress@...> wrote: Laura Sims wrote:

      >Hello Donna,
      >
      >A smooth surface canvas seems to work best. I do not
      >was the canvas, but lay it flat in a tray of alum
      >solution (1/2 cup to 1 gal.). With my hand I press
      >the solution into the canvas until no more bubbles
      >come out of the canvas. Drip dry, iron and marble
      >with acrylics.

      I just tried it yesterday. It was not as sucessful as I would have
      liked, I used golden acrylics and carageenan. I was wondering if anyone
      has had any sucess in marbling silk?

      Caroline

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT