2516Re: [Marbling] humidity and marbling

  • gretchen vansant
    Jul 28, 2004
      When marbling fabrics I find high humidity is bad. I work in my garage,so sometimes I'll stop by the afternoon,wait for the sun to go down.I'll cool down the room ,sometimes I'll even put my hand through the vat to cool it down,then start up again! I work with methol,and air brush acrylics. Good luck gretchen

      "del.mary.stubbs" <mdstubbs@...> wrote:Hi everyone -

      I have been curious about this for a long time.....

      I understand how dry air affects marbling, as it can actually dry the paints
      out while on the bath.

      However, what I have not been able to asses, is how high humidity affects
      marbling. I use carageenan, and mostly Golden acrylics.

      Thanks! Mary Celine Thouin (Stubbs)

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT