2413Re: 1869's marbling description

  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Apr 14, 2004
      ... and everyone who detests ironing as much as yours truly is invited to compare ironing
      with a bulky steam iron to ironing with a nice light-weight normal iron when sprinkled
      clothes have been sitting in a damp package for an hour or so... better antique and
      comfortable than modern and uncomfortable... and even better: skip ironing and make
      some more sheets instead..

      Susanne Krause

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, irisnevins <irisnevins@c...> wrote:
      > This dates us, eh?LOL!
      > Iris Nevins
      >
      > Message text written by INTERNET:Marbling@yahoogroups.com
      > >
      > You can still buy those sprinkle ends for pop bottles from Regal. Actually
      > all that was in the bottle was water used to dampen the clothes before
      > ironiong before the days of steam irons. Putting them in a plastic bag
      > after sprinkling them with water merely allowed the water to spread around
      > a bit before ironing.My Grandmother used this system even after the steam
      > iron came on the scene. Sometimes she would simply dip her hand in a bowl
      > of water and flick it over the clothes as she put them in the plastic bag.
      > Dave<
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic