2347Re: [Marbling] Moldy Inks

    Mar 5, 2004
      well I know it surely gives strange effects if you add vinegar to

      Quick de-lurk :) I'm Caroline an artist in Vancouver, Washington.
      I'm new to marbling/marblizing, but I have had some expeirence iwth
      other mediums - one of them watercolor. One of my old teachers would
      swear by a few drops of vinegar in her rinse-water as it kept mold from
      forming in damp watercolour paint. I'd surmize, that dependent upon
      your pigments (I use golden acrylics) it shouldn't affect the
      sizing/matrix too badly if a drop or two of vinegar in the pigment would
      keep the nasty mold bits from forming. Just a thought, I've not tried

      ...returning to lurk mode, although I'm on wetcanvas ;) if anyone
      else is there ^_^<
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic