208Introduction

  • carylhanc@aol.com
    Apr 9, 2000
      Hi!
      I have been lurking for a couple of weeks - thanks to Diane Maurer for
      giving me the address! And thanks to all for their generous sharing of
      information. The 2002 date is on my calendar! I don't remember how I
      learned to marble - probably self taught, then a *very* basic "Intro to
      Marbling" class got added to the list of other classes I was teaching at the
      time - machine embroidery, quilting, embellishment. Each time I teach, I
      realize how much I don't know, and I am in total awe of the folks who do
      production marbling. I wish I had time for more marbling, and space for a
      permament set up. My goals are to do more marbling and work to incorporate
      that fabric with other commercial fabrics into my wearable art. I think it
      is great fun to add stitching to bring out some of the lines of the marbling
      design. Also, I am interested in figuring out some sort of gizwhiz so that I
      can put, say 36" scarves on the medium without a second pair of human hands.
      Caryl Hancock, Indianapolis
      carylhanc@...
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic