2077Re: [Marbling] Methylcellulose

  • gretchen vansant
    Nov 11, 2003
      As a fabric marbler,and a really "new-bee" of only 6years doing this.I,ve found I prefer methol cellulose,I find it easyer to prepare,and it "keeps better in the hot seasons.But I,ve read,or noticed, here with other "real" paper/fabric marblers and they like carregeenan better.I found certain paints work better,with either one kind of bath,maybe not with the other.visa-versa. Do you stick with a sure thing,or experiment? thats up to the artist,and with me has kept me low in funds.Gotta fund my art habit...good luck! gretchen

      Geri Burgert <gburgert@...> wrote:Please pardon an ignorant question from a rank amateur. I've seen people
      mention carageenan and methylcellulose in the same context. Are they
      interchangeable? I've used only carageenan so far.

      Thank you for your kind help!
      Geri

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor