1806re. message #1805

  • mpmh60201
    Aug 1, 2003
      Would be interested in comments on the site mentioned.
      Seems this has all been said, shown, etc., before. Perhaps this
      person does not know this??? There are masterful books out
      there on traditional Turkish marbling! However, the site does
      open a little window for the novice to peak in. And I certainly
      agree...the words "Traditional Turkish Marbling" have been
      abused far too long by authors and marblers alike!

      However, I take offense to the statement that using alum is not
      marbling. Perhaps not traditional Turksih marbling, but far
      superior in results for exceptional marbled images that surpass
      what the old masters attempted with minimal materials. We all
      learn from the masters, then branch out to create our own work.
      That is what being an "ARTIST" is all about.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic