1777Re: [Marbling] Marbling Wood

  • del.mary.stubbs
    Jul 1, 2003
      It is my bias that this will not work......BUT........Since I have never
      tried marbling over lacquer, it would not be fair to say it
      absolutely...... but my guess is that the lacquer will resist the alum
      solution. If you try marbling a piece - let us know what happens. It
      could be that if you lightly "rough up" the lacquered surface with 600
      - or maybe even 1200 grit sandpaper, the alum may have something to
      "bite" into.

      MELODY BELLOCK wrote:

      > My husbands turns bowls and lacquer them before I had a chance to
      > marble. He uses a clear lacquer.

      [Click Here!]