1235Re: [Marbling] Beginning with suminagashi?

  • dkmaurer1@aol.com
    Jul 25 1:17 PM
      Hello All,

      You beat me to it. Iwas going to respond that suminagashi using Boku Undo
      dyes is the way to go! It is easy and foolproof if you follow the
      instructions using one drop of photoflo to adjust a teaspoon of color and
      stir well each time you apply the color. Forget the instructions in the box
      of Boku Undo colors. I sell all the supplies for suminagashi and use and
      recommend Loew-Cornell Oriental rice paper. It is $13.75 for forty-eight
      12X18sheets. Not bad, really...... Charcoal papers and unsized HMP also
      usually work well. Mohawk Superfine (more expensive)is also great. Go to my
      website www.dianemaurer.com to see examples of suminagashi which looks very
      little like traditional marbling but is beautiful in its own right --
      especially the double-image designs. I'll be demonstrating suminagashi at the
      IMG if you get a chance to stop by. I'd be happy to e-mail an instruction
      sheet to anyone interested.

      Best,
      Diane Maurer
      www.dianemaurer.com