Re: [Maps_Gods_Stories] Digest Number 249

  • bluntaxe@chartermi.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2001

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 17:27:34 -0000
      > From: "James Chrisman" <I_ATE_BREAKFAST@...>
      > Subject: Re: anyone want to create a world... or two?
      >
      > > > Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:10:47 -0000
      > > > From: "James Chrisman" <I_ATE_BREAKFAST@y...>
      > > > Subject: anyone want to create a world... or two?
      > > >
      > > > Ok I'll start,
      > > > its two planets the size of Mars in the same orbit but opposite
      > sides
      > > > of the sun at all times. They only resemble each other in size,
      > the
      > > > terrain is different on each planet. Any comments or ideas for a
      > > > planet name or two?
      >
      > > I would choose the name of two gods who are twins for the names of
      > the
      > > planets (preferably those gods made the planets or something).
      > Then the
      > > players who live on one planet (and know the name) might as they
      > play
      > > figure out 'Hey, the god that made this planet has a twin, and
      > legend
      > > has it the god hid on the other side of the sun to avoid his twin
      > after
      > > an argument. Maybe their is another planet hidden behind the sun.'
      >
      > O.K. how does Moira and Meretrix, twin sisters, the children of
      > Bethor the sun sound for a start?

      Cool

      > > > Is knowledge of the other planet known to all,
      > > > only one planet knows of the other, only high level members of a
      > > > wizards guild who live on both guard the knowledge?
      > >
      > > I would stick with a wizards guild or perhaps a priesthood to one
      > of the
      > > gods... This information of course would only be known by the
      > highest
      > > and most trusted officals.
      >
      > All righty, the officials of one of the wizard guilds and the upper
      > ranks of the priesthood of Belor know about both planets.

      Does Belor and Bethor mean the same thing?

      > > >One planet with
      > > > no dwarves and the other planet with no humans?
      > >
      > > That makes it hard for players who in one group, one wants to be a
      > Dwarf
      > > the other Human. Either the singled out character gets to be the
      > only
      > > one in the world (which might make for an epic tale of trying to
      > find
      > > out where he came from) or he may feel screwed into playing
      > something he
      > > doesn't want to.
      >
      > OK, so how about instead of no members of a particular race maybe
      > tone it down. Maybe something like the dwarves of Moira have lost
      > favor with her and have been driven from their mountain homes by
      > goblinoids and the humans of Meretrix have lost favor with her and
      > have been subjugated by yuan-ti. Just something to surprise a few
      > party members if they went from one world to the other, that and
      > priests of Belor would be the only ones with power on both worlds.

      Sounds really good!
    • Ed Hays
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2001
        cool ideas bud i like the last one

        > > sides
        > > the
        > >
        > > > I would choose the name of two gods who are twins for the names of
        > > the
        > > > planets (preferably those gods made the planets or something).
        > > Then the
        > > > players who live on one planet (and know the name) might as they
        > > play
        > > > figure out 'Hey, the god that made this planet has a twin, and
        > > legend
        > > > has it the god hid on the other side of the sun to avoid his twin
        > > after
        > > > an argument. Maybe their is another planet hidden behind the sun.'
        > >
        > > O.K. how does Moira and Meretrix, twin sisters, the children of
        > > Bethor the sun sound for a start?
        >
        > Cool

        > > > I would stick with a wizards guild or perhaps a priesthood to one
        > > of the
        > > > gods... This information of course would only be known by the
        > > highest
        > > > and most trusted officals.
        > >
        > > All righty, the officials of one of the wizard guilds and the upper
        > > ranks of the priesthood of Belor know about both planets.
        >
        > Does Belor and Bethor mean the same thing?

        > > > That makes it hard for players who in one group, one wants to be a
        > > Dwarf
        > > > the other Human. Either the singled out character gets to be the
        > > only
        > > > one in the world (which might make for an epic tale of trying to
        > > find
        > > > out where he came from) or he may feel screwed into playing
        > > something he
        > > > doesn't want to.
        > >
        > > OK, so how about instead of no members of a particular race maybe
        > > tone it down. Maybe something like the dwarves of Moira have lost
        > > favor with her and have been driven from their mountain homes by
        > > goblinoids and the humans of Meretrix have lost favor with her and
        > > have been subjugated by yuan-ti. Just something to surprise a few
        > > party members if they went from one world to the other, that and
        > > priests of Belor would be the only ones with power on both worlds.
        >
        > Sounds really good!

        > also be sure to brush your teeth, oh yeah, and Digger said rubies bring
        good luck.

      • James Chrisman
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2001
          > Does Belor and Bethor mean the same thing?

          oops, yeah it was supposed to be one and the same but hey, I guess
          the same god could be called something different on each world. Maybe
          the priests differ a little on each world in dress and or the
          specifics of worship.