Mesopotamia

  • dirtkami
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2012
      Mesopotamia is an old necromancer games campaign setting, I like the ancient terrible city-states as a back drop for a party of good adventurers trying to do what they can.

      Read page 6 of the sample pdf for a brief description of the city-states of Babylon, Eridu, and Kutha and tell me that those wouldn't be cool places for a campaign. Just change the names and add them to your homebrew setting.

      --- In Maps_Gods_Stories DoppleGanger  wrote:

      Is your game elves in the arctic, city politics, dungeon crawling or what?

      Tell me about it and maybe we can come up with a few ideas for you to toss around, an interesting encounter at the least.

      One of my favorite mini-campaigns was a sacked dwarven city-state where the surviving dwarves lived in the ruins on the surface. They still had a king and queen and a few royal guards, but that was about it, no army to do their bidding.

      Adventurers would pay their respects to the king and get permission to journey below and fight the descendants of the various goblinoid tribes that sacked the place. The warlord who had united the tribes was long dead and the tribes fought among themselves. Deeper down below the dwarven city-state were passages that led to the underdark.

      One of the first NPCs the party met was an imp merchant who specialized in healing potions for really low prices, they of course had a side effect of being highly addictive and the prices slowly went up (Scott, your buddy AL was the only one who fell for that, no one else trusted an imp). One of the few friendly NPCs the party met was an outcast male drow druid living in his fungus grove who would sell the party healing potions once they helped him destroy a temple to a demi-god of evil mongrelmen led by a succubus.

      Some of the various adventure hooks that came up were killing a goblinoid leader who was uniting the tribes again, learning of a duergar raid and ambushing them on their way to the surface and exploring a vast underground fresh water sea with some deep gnome fishermen.

      Maybe you can use some of these ideas in one of yalls games, I would definately like to hear anyone elses ideas and or comments.