Re: Dwarves and Nightflash

  • dirtkami
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 9, 2012
      Ok, so its been 10 years, is your mind done percolating yet?

      --- digger wrote:

      Mon Jan 21, 2002 1:19 am

      I like the ideas a lot... let my mind perculate a little on it.

      Digger
      remeMber, rubieS give good luCk

      > Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002
      > From: "i_ate_breakfast"
      > Subject: Dwarves

      One of the last adventures that Seretus, Nightflash and several others went on took place beneath a ruined dwarven city. They met with the last 10 dwarves of the city and asked permission to explore the caves beneath. Seretus treated the dwarves as if they were still in charge, even though Nightflash would've been more than happy to slag them all.

      I was thinking about the rest of the dwarves that fled and resettled elsewhere, maybe becoming a little more hardened and now being lawful neutral instead of lawful good.

      And perhaps now they might be led by necromancers, animating any dwarves who die to continue helping the community, at first because the population was low, now because of tradition. Then I was thinking what would happen if they met a splinter group of dissident githyanki who in exchange for a place to settle showed them ways to open up their minds (psionics).

      Old necromancers never die they just become liches, the founding fathers still lurking in the shadows. That way I could use the Manual of the Planes and the Psionic book, maybe I'll make the dwarves neighbors descendants of one of the clans from Oriental Adventures and add that book to the mix.

      Any thoughts or comments?