GURPS 150 point Fantasy Campaign

  • dirtkami
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 8, 2011
      Standard TL 3 fantasy with barbarians of lower tech levels, like the destroyed clan PCs are from.

      Drust and Fin are brothers and are the cousins of the more civilized brothers Breth and Morleo.

      Drust the Clanless

      Attributes 120 points
      ST 14 [40]; DX 14 [80]; IQ 10 [0]; HT 10 [0].

      Secondary Characteristics 13 points
      Damage 1d/2d; BL 39.2 lbs.; HP 15 [10]; Will 10 [0]; Per 10 [0]; FP 11 [3]
      Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0].

      Advantages 27 points
      Attractive [4]; No Hangover [1].
      Weapon Master (Two-handed Sword) [20]
      Languages
      Pictish (Native) [0]
      Common (Broken) [2]

      Disadvantages -50 points
      Social Stigma (Minority Group (Pict)) [-10], TL 2 [-5]
      Phobia (Machinery) [-5], Weirdness Magnet [-15].
      Sense of Duty (Adventuring companions) [-5].
      Skinny [-5].
      Compulsive Carousing [-5]

      Quirks -5 points
      Phobia (left-handed prostitutes).
      Likes red wine.
      Collects heads of enemies defeated in single combat.
      Dislikes cities.
      Dresses like a stereotypical necromancer.

      Skills 25 points
      Stealth (A) DX-1 [1]-13.
      Survival (woodlands) (A) Per-1 [1]-9.
      First Aid, and Gesture, both (E) IQ [1]-10.

      Brawling (E) DX [1]-14.
      Throwing (A) DX+1 [4]-15.
      Two-Handed Sword (A) DX+4 [16]-18.

      Cinematic Skill 16 points
      Power Blow (two-handed sword) IQ+3 (H) [16]-13

      Technique 4 points
      Whirlwind Attack (H) two-handed sword-2 [4]-16

      Drust dresses as his grandfather did and has no idea what a necromancer is. He believes townsfolk stare at him because of his attractiveness and bulging biceps. He believes the soul resides in the head and those he takes from enemies he defeats in single combat grant him their strength. His visit to the city left him with a taste for red wine, a large scar in the middle of his back and an unreasoning fear of left handed courtesans.

      Fin the Clanless

      Attributes 40 points
      ST 10 [0]; DX 10 [0]; IQ 10 [0]; HT 14 [40].

      Secondary Characteristics 0 points
      Damage 1d/2d; BL 20 lbs.; HP 14 [0]; Will 10 [0]; Per 10 [0]; FP 14 [0]
      Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0].

      Advantages 139 points
      Ambidextrous [5]; Arm DX 4 [64]; Striking ST 4 [20].
      Extra Attack 1 [25]; Perfect Balance [15]; Silence 1 [5]; Nightvision 5 [5]
      Languages
      Pictish (Native) [0]
      Common (Native) [6]
      Elvish (Broken) [2]
      Dwarf (Broken) [2]

      Disadvantages -50 points
      Social Stigma (Minority Group (Pict)) [-10], TL 2 [-5].
      Bloodlust [-10], Weirdness Magnet [-15].
      Sense of Duty (Adventuring companions) [-5]; Fat [-3], Easy to Kill 1 [-2].

      Quirks -5 points
      Drinks beer with an egg in it.
      Needs a story before sleeping or has nightmares.
      Always cowled.
      Calls all women mother.
      Believes the Assassins' Guild is a religious organization.

      Skills 26 points
      Stealth (A) DX [2]-11. (+1 from Silence 1, +2 if holding still)
      Climbing (A) DX [2]-11. (+1 from Perfect Balance)
      Survival (woodlands) (A) Per-1 [1]-9.
      First Aid, and Gesture, both (E) IQ [1]-10.
      Carousing (E) HT [1]-14.
      Swimming (E) HT [1]-16. (Fat adds +2 to swimming)
      Sleight of Hand (H) DX-1 [2]-13.

      Brawling (E) DX+1 [2]-15.
      Throwing (A) DX+1 [4]-15.
      Shortsword (A) DX+2 [8]-16.
      Fast Draw (Shortsword) (E) DX [1]-14.

      Fin fights with a pair of shortswords and wears a dark green hooded cloak. He carries a vinegar soaked egg that has turned to rubber that his mother gave him that he always floats in his beers for good luck. Fin has nightmares of when he showed mercy to rival clansmen and they burnt his village to the ground. He will never make the mistake of sparing an enemy again. Even when not having nightmares he often mutters "kill em all" in his sleep.

      Breth the Clanless

      Attributes 120 points
      ST 12 [20]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 12 [40]; HT 12 [20].

      Secondary Characteristics 10 points
      Damage 1d/2d; BL 29 lbs.; HP 12 [0]; Will 10 [0]; Per 14 [10]; FP 12 [0]
      Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0].

      Advantages 49 points
      Arm DX 2 [32]; Striking ST 2 [10]; Honest Face [1]
      Languages
      Pictish (Native) [0]
      Common (Native) [6]

      Disadvantages -50 points
      Social Stigma (Minority Group (Pict)) [-10]
      TL 2 [-5].
      Weirdness Magnet [-15]
      On the Edge [-15].
      Sense of Duty (Adventuring companions) [-5].

      Quirks -5 points
      Arms covered in green tattoos of salmon.
      Dislikes officers.
      Pacifism (only in brothels).
      Calls all male non-barbarians dirtmen.
      Pyromania (only in dirtmen churches and temples).

      Skills 26 points
      Stealth and Climbing (A) DX [2]-12.
      Urban Survival, Search, Survival (woodlands) and Tracking, all (A) Per-1 [1]-13
      Scrounging and Fishing (E) Per [1]-14
      First Aid, Savoir-Faire (Military) and Gesture, all (E) IQ [1]-12.
      Carousing and Swimming (E) HT [1]-12.

      Brawling (E) DX [1]-14.
      Throwing (A) DX-1 [1]-13.
      Two-handed Sword (A) DX+2 [8]-16.
      Fast Draw (Two-handed Sword) (E) DX [1]-14.

      Breth and his brother Morleo have worked as mercenaries for the dirtmen and their cowardly officers on a few occasions and Breth has adapted to city life fairly well (except for his fascination with watching burning churchmen screaming for their gods). Breth does not distinguish between brothels and the grove where the moon priestess of fertility gave him his tattoos, he believes they are just as sacred.

      Morleo the Clanless

      Attributes 80 points
      ST 12 [20]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 10 [0]; HT 12 [20].

      Secondary Characteristics 15 points
      Damage 1d/2d; BL 29 lbs.; HP 17 [10]; Will 8 [-10]; Per 13 [15]; FP 12 [0]
      Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0].

      Advantages 76 points
      Attractive [5]; Arm DX 2 [32]; Striking ST 2 [10]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Unfazeable [15]
      Languages
      Pictish (Native) [0]
      Common (Accented) [4]

      Disadvantages -40 points
      Social Stigma (Minority Group (Pict)) [-10], TL 2 [-5].
      Weirdness Magnet [-15], Overconfidence [-5].
      Sense of Duty (Adventuring companions) [-5].

      Quirks -5 points
      Unsure if he is dreaming or awake when sober.
      Arms, chest and face have obvious ritual scars.
      Always looks slightly bored.
      Collects heads of enemies defeated in single combat.
      Total Klutz when drunk.

      Skills 24 points
      Stealth and Climbing (A) DX [2]-12.
      Urban Survival, Survival (woodlands) and Tracking, all (A) Per-1 [1]-12
      Dreaming (H) Will-2 [1]-6
      First Aid, Savoir-Faire (Military) and Gesture, all (E) IQ [1]-10.
      Carousing and Swimming (E) HT [1]-12.

      Brawling (E) DX [1]-14.
      Throwing (A) DX-1 [1]-13.
      Two-handed Sword (A) DX+2 [8]-16.
      Fast Draw (Two-handed Sword) (E) DX [1]-14.

      Morleo adventures dreaming and awake and has seen it all, he just can't remember any of it. The most bizarre or horrific event seems vaguely familiar and mundane, not even pain elicits much of a response. The only time he is sure he is awake is when he is drunk.
    • dirtkami
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 16, 2011
        We fought some bad guys and tested out the combat system a little, I was
        entertained.

        --- dirtkami wrote:

        > Standard TL 3 fantasy with barbarians of lower tech levels, like the
        > destroyed clan PCs are from.

      • dirtkami
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2011
          I put the PCs up on Armoredpossum

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 12, 2011
            Ogbo, Blarr, and Urrgh were minding their own business eating the fruit they had gathered high in a tree when they were swept up in the banestorm and transported to Yrth. They've encountered enough bandits in the forests of Yrth over the last year to know to stay away from the men in metal skins and have picked up a few words of Anglish.

            Ogbo
            150 points

            Basic Attributes 80 points
            ST 10 [0]
            DX 12 [40]
            IQ 11 [20]
            HT 12 [20]

            Secondary Characteristics -20 points
            Damage 2d-1/3d+1; BL 20 lbs.; HP 10 [0]; Will 11 [0]; Per 11 [0]; FP 12 [0];
            Basic Speed 5.00 [-20]; Basic Move 6 [0].

            Dodge

            Advantages 96 points
            Arm DX +1 [16]
            Arm ST +9 [45]
            Brachiation [5]
            High Pain Threshold [10]
            Weapon Master (spear)[20]

            Languages 2 points
            Caveman (Native) [0]
            Anglish (Broken) [2]

            Disadvantages -30 points
            TL 0 [-15]
            Social Stigma (caveman) [-10]
            Overconfidence  [-5]

            Quirks -5 points

            Skills 27 points (1 point in each unless noted)
            Armory TL 0 (weapons) 10
            Brawling 12
            Gesture 11
            Weather Sense 10
            Tracking 10
            Climbing 11
            Stealth 11
            Swimming 12
            Survival (mountains) 10

            Spear 16 [16]
            Naturalist  10 [2]

            Blarr 150 points

            Basic Attributes 80 points
            ST 10 [0]
            DX 11 [20]
            IQ 11 [20]
            HT 13 [30]

            Secondary Characteristics 20 points
            Damage 1d/2d; BL 20 lbs.; HP 10 [0]; Will 11 [0]; Per 11 [0]; FP 13 [0];
            Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 10 [20].

            Dodge

            Advantages 76 points
            Arm DX +1 [16]
            Arm ST +4 [20]
            Brachiation [5]
            Fit [5]
            High Pain Threshold [10]
            Weapon Master (maul) [20]

            Languages 2 points
            Caveman (Native) [0]
            Anglish (Broken) [2]

            Disadvantages -50 points
            TL 0 [-15]
            Social Stigma (caveman) [-10]
            On the Edge  [-15]
            Bloodlust [-10]

            Quirks -5 points

            Skills 27 points (1 point in each unless noted)
            Armory TL 0 (weapons) 10
            Brawling 11
            Gesture 11
            Weather Sense 10
            Tracking 10
            Climbing 10
            Stealth 10
            Swimming 12
            Survival (mountains) 10

            Two-Handed Axe/Mace 15 [16]
            Naturalist  10 [2]

            Urrgh 150 points

            Basic Attributes 80 points
            ST 10 [0]
            DX 11 [20]
            IQ 11 [20]
            HT 13 [30]

            Secondary Characteristics 20 points
            Damage 1d/2d; BL 20 lbs.; HP 10 [0]; Will 11 [0]; Per 15 [20]; FP 13 [0];
            Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0].

            Dodge

            Advantages 76 points
            Arm DX +1 [16]
            Arm ST +4 [20]
            Brachiation [5]
            Fit [5]
            High Pain Threshold [10]
            Weapon Master (maul) [20]

            Languages 2 points
            Caveman (Native) [0]
            Anglish (Broken) [2]

            Disadvantages -50 points
            TL 0 [-15]
            Social Stigma (caveman) [-10]
            On the Edge  [-15]
            Bloodlust [-10]

            Quirks -5 points

            Skills 27 points (1 point in each unless noted)
            Armory TL 0 (weapons) 10
            Brawling 11
            Gesture 11
            Weather Sense 10
            Naturalist 9
            Climbing 10
            Stealth 10
            Swimming 12
            Survival (mountains) 10

            Two-Handed Axe/Mace 15 [16]
            Tracking Naturalist  15 [2]
          • dirtkami
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 24, 2012
              So how about Gamma World mixed with a few tribes from Robert Adams' Horseclans, Gene Wolfe's New Sun, a crazed A.I. or two from Reign of Steel and maybe a Morrow Project team or two?

              Roll percentile or choose, then make a 100 point character before you roll your mutations.
              After you determine your mutations spend 50 more points to adjust to whatever freak you turned out to be.

              01-20% Pure Strain Human: Go ahead and spend 50 more points.
              21-89% Humanoid (Mutant Human): Roll 1d4 for the number of physical mutations then roll 1d4 for the number of mental mutations.
              90-99% Mutant Animal: Same as Humanoid and pick what kind of animal. And you can pick bipedal for one of your physical mutations if you want to.
              100% Mutant Plant: Roll 1d4 plant mutations and 1d4 mental mutations. And 50 more points for you too plant boy.

              Pure Strain Humans
              start at Tech Level 7.
              Humanoids start at Tech Level 3.
              Mutant Animals and Mutated Plants start at Tech Level 0.

              But there are various groups at different Tech Levels, for example, only 1% of the Pure Strain Humans live in a TL 7 society, 90% live in TL 3 villages.

            • dirtkami
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 3, 2012
                Well only one player and myself like GURPS so its back to Pathfinder.
                I had one request for a vanilla game, another for horror, so generic D&D
                it is.