GURPS 150 point Fantasy Campaign

  • dirtkami
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 8, 2011
      Standard TL 3 fantasy with barbarians of lower tech levels, like the destroyed clan PCs are from.

      Drust and Fin are brothers and are the cousins of the more civilized brothers Breth and Morleo.

      Drust the Clanless

      Attributes 120 points
      ST 14 [40]; DX 14 [80]; IQ 10 [0]; HT 10 [0].

      Secondary Characteristics 13 points
      Damage 1d/2d; BL 39.2 lbs.; HP 15 [10]; Will 10 [0]; Per 10 [0]; FP 11 [3]
      Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0].

      Advantages 27 points
      Attractive [4]; No Hangover [1].
      Weapon Master (Two-handed Sword) [20]
      Languages
      Pictish (Native) [0]
      Common (Broken) [2]

      Disadvantages -50 points
      Social Stigma (Minority Group (Pict)) [-10], TL 2 [-5]
      Phobia (Machinery) [-5], Weirdness Magnet [-15].
      Sense of Duty (Adventuring companions) [-5].
      Skinny [-5].
      Compulsive Carousing [-5]

      Quirks -5 points
      Phobia (left-handed prostitutes).
      Likes red wine.
      Collects heads of enemies defeated in single combat.
      Dislikes cities.
      Dresses like a stereotypical necromancer.

      Skills 25 points
      Stealth (A) DX-1 [1]-13.
      Survival (woodlands) (A) Per-1 [1]-9.
      First Aid, and Gesture, both (E) IQ [1]-10.

      Brawling (E) DX [1]-14.
      Throwing (A) DX+1 [4]-15.
      Two-Handed Sword (A) DX+4 [16]-18.

      Cinematic Skill 16 points
      Power Blow (two-handed sword) IQ+3 (H) [16]-13

      Technique 4 points
      Whirlwind Attack (H) two-handed sword-2 [4]-16

      Drust dresses as his grandfather did and has no idea what a necromancer is. He believes townsfolk stare at him because of his attractiveness and bulging biceps. He believes the soul resides in the head and those he takes from enemies he defeats in single combat grant him their strength. His visit to the city left him with a taste for red wine, a large scar in the middle of his back and an unreasoning fear of left handed courtesans.

      Fin the Clanless

      Attributes 40 points
      ST 10 [0]; DX 10 [0]; IQ 10 [0]; HT 14 [40].

      Secondary Characteristics 0 points
      Damage 1d/2d; BL 20 lbs.; HP 14 [0]; Will 10 [0]; Per 10 [0]; FP 14 [0]
      Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0].

      Advantages 139 points
      Ambidextrous [5]; Arm DX 4 [64]; Striking ST 4 [20].
      Extra Attack 1 [25]; Perfect Balance [15]; Silence 1 [5]; Nightvision 5 [5]
      Languages
      Pictish (Native) [0]
      Common (Native) [6]
      Elvish (Broken) [2]
      Dwarf (Broken) [2]

      Disadvantages -50 points
      Social Stigma (Minority Group (Pict)) [-10], TL 2 [-5].
      Bloodlust [-10], Weirdness Magnet [-15].
      Sense of Duty (Adventuring companions) [-5]; Fat [-3], Easy to Kill 1 [-2].

      Quirks -5 points
      Drinks beer with an egg in it.
      Needs a story before sleeping or has nightmares.
      Always cowled.
      Calls all women mother.
      Believes the Assassins' Guild is a religious organization.

      Skills 26 points
      Stealth (A) DX [2]-11. (+1 from Silence 1, +2 if holding still)
      Climbing (A) DX [2]-11. (+1 from Perfect Balance)
      Survival (woodlands) (A) Per-1 [1]-9.
      First Aid, and Gesture, both (E) IQ [1]-10.
      Carousing (E) HT [1]-14.
      Swimming (E) HT [1]-16. (Fat adds +2 to swimming)
      Sleight of Hand (H) DX-1 [2]-13.

      Brawling (E) DX+1 [2]-15.
      Throwing (A) DX+1 [4]-15.
      Shortsword (A) DX+2 [8]-16.
      Fast Draw (Shortsword) (E) DX [1]-14.

      Fin fights with a pair of shortswords and wears a dark green hooded cloak. He carries a vinegar soaked egg that has turned to rubber that his mother gave him that he always floats in his beers for good luck. Fin has nightmares of when he showed mercy to rival clansmen and they burnt his village to the ground. He will never make the mistake of sparing an enemy again. Even when not having nightmares he often mutters "kill em all" in his sleep.

      Breth the Clanless

      Attributes 120 points
      ST 12 [20]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 12 [40]; HT 12 [20].

      Secondary Characteristics 10 points
      Damage 1d/2d; BL 29 lbs.; HP 12 [0]; Will 10 [0]; Per 14 [10]; FP 12 [0]
      Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0].

      Advantages 49 points
      Arm DX 2 [32]; Striking ST 2 [10]; Honest Face [1]
      Languages
      Pictish (Native) [0]
      Common (Native) [6]

      Disadvantages -50 points
      Social Stigma (Minority Group (Pict)) [-10]
      TL 2 [-5].
      Weirdness Magnet [-15]
      On the Edge [-15].
      Sense of Duty (Adventuring companions) [-5].

      Quirks -5 points
      Arms covered in green tattoos of salmon.
      Dislikes officers.
      Pacifism (only in brothels).
      Calls all male non-barbarians dirtmen.
      Pyromania (only in dirtmen churches and temples).

      Skills 26 points
      Stealth and Climbing (A) DX [2]-12.
      Urban Survival, Search, Survival (woodlands) and Tracking, all (A) Per-1 [1]-13
      Scrounging and Fishing (E) Per [1]-14
      First Aid, Savoir-Faire (Military) and Gesture, all (E) IQ [1]-12.
      Carousing and Swimming (E) HT [1]-12.

      Brawling (E) DX [1]-14.
      Throwing (A) DX-1 [1]-13.
      Two-handed Sword (A) DX+2 [8]-16.
      Fast Draw (Two-handed Sword) (E) DX [1]-14.

      Breth and his brother Morleo have worked as mercenaries for the dirtmen and their cowardly officers on a few occasions and Breth has adapted to city life fairly well (except for his fascination with watching burning churchmen screaming for their gods). Breth does not distinguish between brothels and the grove where the moon priestess of fertility gave him his tattoos, he believes they are just as sacred.

      Morleo the Clanless

      Attributes 80 points
      ST 12 [20]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 10 [0]; HT 12 [20].

      Secondary Characteristics 15 points
      Damage 1d/2d; BL 29 lbs.; HP 17 [10]; Will 8 [-10]; Per 13 [15]; FP 12 [0]
      Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0].

      Advantages 76 points
      Attractive [5]; Arm DX 2 [32]; Striking ST 2 [10]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Unfazeable [15]
      Languages
      Pictish (Native) [0]
      Common (Accented) [4]

      Disadvantages -40 points
      Social Stigma (Minority Group (Pict)) [-10], TL 2 [-5].
      Weirdness Magnet [-15], Overconfidence [-5].
      Sense of Duty (Adventuring companions) [-5].

      Quirks -5 points
      Unsure if he is dreaming or awake when sober.
      Arms, chest and face have obvious ritual scars.
      Always looks slightly bored.
      Collects heads of enemies defeated in single combat.
      Total Klutz when drunk.

      Skills 24 points
      Stealth and Climbing (A) DX [2]-12.
      Urban Survival, Survival (woodlands) and Tracking, all (A) Per-1 [1]-12
      Dreaming (H) Will-2 [1]-6
      First Aid, Savoir-Faire (Military) and Gesture, all (E) IQ [1]-10.
      Carousing and Swimming (E) HT [1]-12.

      Brawling (E) DX [1]-14.
      Throwing (A) DX-1 [1]-13.
      Two-handed Sword (A) DX+2 [8]-16.
      Fast Draw (Two-handed Sword) (E) DX [1]-14.

      Morleo adventures dreaming and awake and has seen it all, he just can't remember any of it. The most bizarre or horrific event seems vaguely familiar and mundane, not even pain elicits much of a response. The only time he is sure he is awake is when he is drunk.
    • dirtkami
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 16, 2011
        We fought some bad guys and tested out the combat system a little, I was
        entertained.

        --- dirtkami wrote:

        > Standard TL 3 fantasy with barbarians of lower tech levels, like the
        > destroyed clan PCs are from.

      • dirtkami
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 1, 2011
          I put the PCs up on Armoredpossum

          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 12, 2011
            Ogbo, Blarr, and Urrgh were minding their own business eating the fruit they had gathered high in a tree when they were swept up in the banestorm and transported to Yrth. They've encountered enough bandits in the forests of Yrth over the last year to know to stay away from the men in metal skins and have picked up a few words of Anglish.

            Ogbo
            150 points

            Basic Attributes 80 points
            ST 10 [0]
            DX 12 [40]
            IQ 11 [20]
            HT 12 [20]

            Secondary Characteristics -20 points
            Damage 2d-1/3d+1; BL 20 lbs.; HP 10 [0]; Will 11 [0]; Per 11 [0]; FP 12 [0];
            Basic Speed 5.00 [-20]; Basic Move 6 [0].

            Dodge

            Advantages 96 points
            Arm DX +1 [16]
            Arm ST +9 [45]
            Brachiation [5]
            High Pain Threshold [10]
            Weapon Master (spear)[20]

            Languages 2 points
            Caveman (Native) [0]
            Anglish (Broken) [2]

            Disadvantages -30 points
            TL 0 [-15]
            Social Stigma (caveman) [-10]
            Overconfidence  [-5]

            Quirks -5 points

            Skills 27 points (1 point in each unless noted)
            Armory TL 0 (weapons) 10
            Brawling 12
            Gesture 11
            Weather Sense 10
            Tracking 10
            Climbing 11
            Stealth 11
            Swimming 12
            Survival (mountains) 10

            Spear 16 [16]
            Naturalist  10 [2]

            Blarr 150 points

            Basic Attributes 80 points
            ST 10 [0]
            DX 11 [20]
            IQ 11 [20]
            HT 13 [30]

            Secondary Characteristics 20 points
            Damage 1d/2d; BL 20 lbs.; HP 10 [0]; Will 11 [0]; Per 11 [0]; FP 13 [0];
            Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 10 [20].

            Dodge

            Advantages 76 points
            Arm DX +1 [16]
            Arm ST +4 [20]
            Brachiation [5]
            Fit [5]
            High Pain Threshold [10]
            Weapon Master (maul) [20]

            Languages 2 points
            Caveman (Native) [0]
            Anglish (Broken) [2]

            Disadvantages -50 points
            TL 0 [-15]
            Social Stigma (caveman) [-10]
            On the Edge  [-15]
            Bloodlust [-10]

            Quirks -5 points

            Skills 27 points (1 point in each unless noted)
            Armory TL 0 (weapons) 10
            Brawling 11
            Gesture 11
            Weather Sense 10
            Tracking 10
            Climbing 10
            Stealth 10
            Swimming 12
            Survival (mountains) 10

            Two-Handed Axe/Mace 15 [16]
            Naturalist  10 [2]

            Urrgh 150 points

            Basic Attributes 80 points
            ST 10 [0]
            DX 11 [20]
            IQ 11 [20]
            HT 13 [30]

            Secondary Characteristics 20 points
            Damage 1d/2d; BL 20 lbs.; HP 10 [0]; Will 11 [0]; Per 15 [20]; FP 13 [0];
            Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0].

            Dodge

            Advantages 76 points
            Arm DX +1 [16]
            Arm ST +4 [20]
            Brachiation [5]
            Fit [5]
            High Pain Threshold [10]
            Weapon Master (maul) [20]

            Languages 2 points
            Caveman (Native) [0]
            Anglish (Broken) [2]

            Disadvantages -50 points
            TL 0 [-15]
            Social Stigma (caveman) [-10]
            On the Edge  [-15]
            Bloodlust [-10]

            Quirks -5 points

            Skills 27 points (1 point in each unless noted)
            Armory TL 0 (weapons) 10
            Brawling 11
            Gesture 11
            Weather Sense 10
            Naturalist 9
            Climbing 10
            Stealth 10
            Swimming 12
            Survival (mountains) 10

            Two-Handed Axe/Mace 15 [16]
            Tracking Naturalist  15 [2]
          • dirtkami
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 24, 2012
              So how about Gamma World mixed with a few tribes from Robert Adams' Horseclans, Gene Wolfe's New Sun, a crazed A.I. or two from Reign of Steel and maybe a Morrow Project team or two?

              Roll percentile or choose, then make a 100 point character before you roll your mutations.
              After you determine your mutations spend 50 more points to adjust to whatever freak you turned out to be.

              01-20% Pure Strain Human: Go ahead and spend 50 more points.
              21-89% Humanoid (Mutant Human): Roll 1d4 for the number of physical mutations then roll 1d4 for the number of mental mutations.
              90-99% Mutant Animal: Same as Humanoid and pick what kind of animal. And you can pick bipedal for one of your physical mutations if you want to.
              100% Mutant Plant: Roll 1d4 plant mutations and 1d4 mental mutations. And 50 more points for you too plant boy.

              Pure Strain Humans
              start at Tech Level 7.
              Humanoids start at Tech Level 3.
              Mutant Animals and Mutated Plants start at Tech Level 0.

              But there are various groups at different Tech Levels, for example, only 1% of the Pure Strain Humans live in a TL 7 society, 90% live in TL 3 villages.

            • dirtkami
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 3, 2012
                Well only one player and myself like GURPS so its back to Pathfinder.
                I had one request for a vanilla game, another for horror, so generic D&D
                it is.

                --- dirtkami wrote:

                > So how about Gamma World mixed with a few tribes from Robert Adams'
                > Horseclans, Gene Wolfe's New Sun, a crazed A.I. or two from Reign of
                > Steel and maybe a Morrow Project team or two?

              • i_ate_breakfast
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 17, 2016

                  Morrow Project

                  Our agency has evidence that World War III will occur in 1989.
                  Everything that can be done to avert the War is being done, but another avenue must be explored,  rebuilding after the War.
                  Our side of the organization is dedicated to rebuilding America after the inevitable nuclear war.

                  A group of American industrialists known as the Council of Tomorrow predict the coming of an apocalyptic nuclear war and created a plan for reconstruction and emergency operations to survive the war.
                  This plan is the "Morrow Project"
                  Volunteers are cryogenically frozen in hidden bunkers and provided with supplies and equipment to rebuild civilization 3 to 5 years after the war ends and the nuclear fallout diminishes.

                  The Morrow Project will be coordinated by a central command post and record-keeping facility called "Prime Base."
                  This is an immense self-contained bunker hidden underground in Nevada.
                  The facility's advanced life support systems will allow the Project's leaders to survive the war and chronicle it and be in the best position to decide what should be done next.

                  Recon teams are to reconnoiter the countryside, report on local conditions and provide advice to Prime Base concerning which teams should be awakened next.

                  MARS teams make up the military arm of the Project—they are extremely formidable and heavily armed.

                  Science teams are broadly cross-trained scientific and technical units that can cope with a wide range of situations—from complex medical care and epidemiology to understanding unusual hazards and dangerous creatures.
                  Their areas of knowledge range from biology to nuclear physics. They are equipped with a custom-built vehicle called the Science One and have armament second only to that of the MARS teams.

                  You were recruited in 1970 at the end of your tour of duty in Vietnam to be part of a six man Recon team.

                  You’ve successfully completed Morrow Project training and are now trusted to rebuild civilization using any means necessary.

                  Good Luck.

                  Morrow Project
                  Template (220 points)

                  With a MAC-10 on each hip you caught a recruiter's eye.

                  Attributes 160
                  ST 14 [40]
                  DX 10 [0]
                  IQ  14 [80]
                  HT 14 [40]

                  Secondary Characteristics -10
                  Damage 1d/2d; BL 39 lbs.
                  HP 14 [0]; Will 12 [-10]; Per 14 [0]; FP 14 [0]
                  Basic Speed 6 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0].

                  Advantages 26
                  Ambidexterity [5], Walking Armory [1] and
                  • A total of 20 points chosen from among ST or HT +1 or +2 [10 or 20], IQ or DX +1 [20],
                  Per +1 to +4 [5/level], Basic Move +1 to +3 [5/level], Absolute Direction [5],
                  Acute Senses (any)  1  or  2  [2/level],  Alcohol  Tolerance  [1],  Combat Reflexes [15],
                  Deep Sleeper [1], Fearlessness [2/level], Fit [5] or Very Fit [15], Hard to Kill [2/level],
                  High Pain Threshold [10], Less Sleep 1-4 [2/level], Nightvision 1 to 9 [1 to 9],
                  One Way Fluency (understands Vietnamese) [1], Penetrating Voice [1], Rapid Healing [5],
                  Resistant to Disease (+3) [3], or Temperature Tolerance 1 or 2 [1 or 2].

                  Disadvantages -40
                  Weirdness Magnet [-15], Sense of Duty (Unit) [-5], Skinny [-5] and
                  • A further  -15  points  chosen  from  among  Addiction  (Chain Smoker) [-5], Bloodlust [-10],
                  Bully [-10], Callous [-5], Chummy [-5] or Gregarious [-10], Code of Honor (Soldier’s)  [-10],
                  Compulsive  Carousing  [-5],  Fanaticism (USA)  [-15],  Gullibility  [-10],  Hidebound  [-5],
                  Incurious [-5], Intolerance [-5], Light Sleeper [-5], Overconfidence [-5],
                  Post-Combat Shakes [-5],  Truthfulness  [-5], Workaholic [-5].

                  Military and Morrow Project Skills 54
                  Guns (SMG) (DX/E)+7 [24]-17
                  Guns (LMG, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun), all (DX/E) Default+1 [1]-16
                  Guns (Grenade Launcher and LAW), both (DX/E) Default+1 [1]-14
                  Swimming (HT/E) [1]-14
                  Camouflage, First Aid and Savoir-Faire (Military), all (IQ/E) [1]-14
                  Armory (Body Armor, Heavy Weapons and Small Arms), Electronics Operation (Comm),
                  Explosives (Demolition),  Forward  Observer,  Mechanic (Automobile and Heavy Wheeled), Navigation (Land) and Soldier, all (IQ/A)-1 [1]-13.
                  Survival (Arctic) (Per/A)-1 [1]-13
                  Tactics (IQ/H)-2 [1]-12
                  NBC Suit (DX/A)+1 [4]-11
                  Brawling and Knife, both (DX/E) [1]-10
                  Stealth (DX/A) [2]-10

                  Technique
                  Off-Hand Weapon Training (H) Guns (SMG) [5]-17

                  College Skills 20 points
                  spend 6 points in Languages, 1 in 10 of the following and 4 pts in one of the following
                  Carpentry, Computer Operation and Masonry, all (IQ/E) [1]
                  Cartography, Electronic Operation (Scientific), Farming, Occultism,
                  Public Speaking and Research, Teaching, all (IQ/A)-1 [1]
                  Anthropology, Archaeology, Astronomy, Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Diagnosis,
                  Economics, Engineering (any), Geography (U.S.), Geology, History (16th-Century U.S.),
                  Law (any), Linguistics, Literature, Mathematics (Applied), Meteorology,
                  Paleontology (any), Pharmacy (any), Philosophy, Physician, Physiology, Psychology,
                  Theology (any), Veterinary, all (IQ/H)-2 [1]
                  Physics (IQ/VH)-3 [1]

                  Background Skills 5
                  Climbing, Driving (Automobile or Motorcycle) or Sports (any), all (DX/A)
                  Area  Knowledge  (any),  Current  Affairs (any) or Games (any), all (IQ/E)
                  Gambling, Fast-Talk, Mechanic (Motorcycle),  or Streetwise, all (IQ/A)
                  Carousing (HT/E)
                  Lifting (HT/A)
                  Intimidation (Will/A)
                  Scrounging (Per/E).

                  Lenses

                  Special Forces (+30 points)
                  Pistol Fist [1]
                  add 15 to Brawling (DX/E)+5 [16]-15
                  Leadership (IQ/A) [2]-14
                  Physician (IQ/H) [4]-14
                  Engineer (Combat), Strategy (Land), both (IQ/H)-1 [2]-13
                  Surgery (IQ/VH) Default+2 [2]-12
                  Diagnosis (IQ/H) Default+1 [1]-12
                  Physiology (IQ/H) Default+1 [1]-11

                  Intelligence Officer (+30 points)
                  +1 Perception [5]
                  Detect Lies (Per/H) [4]-15
                  Administration, Interrogation and Leadership, all (IQ/A) [2]-14
                  Intelligence Analysis, Psychology and Strategy (Land), all (IQ/H) [4]-14
                  add 3 to Tactics (IQ/H) [4]-14

                  Combat Engineer (+30 points)
                  Explosives (NOD) (IQ/A)+2 [8]-16
                  Naturalist (IQ/H) [4]-14
                  Carpentry and Masonry, both (IQ/E) [1]-14
                  Electrician, Electronics Repair (Comm) and Machinist, all (IQ/A) [2]-14
                  Engineer (Combat) (IQ/H) [4]-14
                  Traps (IQ/A) [2]-14
                  Hazardous Materials (Biological, Chemical and Radioactive),Leadership, all (IQ/A)-1 [1]-13

                  Brawler (+30 points)
                  Pistol Fist [1]
                  Technique Mastery (Kicking) [1]
                  Streetwise (IQ/A) [2]-14
                  add 19 to Brawling (DX/E)+6 [20]-16
                  Technique: 7
                  Kicking (H) Brawling+4 [7]-20

                  And if you pick 5 Quirks that'll give you a few more points to pick up.

                  When you are awakened from your cryogenic nap you find out that

                  a few humans have survived...

                • i_ate_breakfast
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 5 3:13 AM
                    Other freaks online suggest 150 point characters so I downsized the templates then of course I decided to make another page with 250 point characters anyway.

                  • i_ate_breakfast
                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 23, 2016
                      Shooter
                      (150 point template)

                      Attributes: 140 points
                      ST 11 [10]
                      DX 15 [100]
                      IQ 10 [0]
                      HT 13 [30]

                      Secondary Characteristics: 10 points
                      Damage 1d-1/1d+1; BL 24 lbs.; HP 11 [0]
                      Will 10 [0]; Per 12 [10]; FP 13 [0]
                      Basic Speed 7.00 [0]; Basic Move 7 [0].

                      Advantages: 28 points
                      Gunslinger [25], Signature Gear [1], Honest Face [1], Walking Armory [1]

                      Disadvantages: -50 points
                      -20 points chosen from among
                      Code of Honor (“Stay bought”) [-5] or (Soldier’s) [-10], Fanaticism (Employer, nation, or service) [-15], Greed [-15 ], Intolerance (Rival nation or other large group) [-5], Sense of Duty (Team) [-5] or (USA) [-10].
                      • -10 points chosen from
                      Bad Temper [-10], Berserk [-10], Bloodlust [-10], Bully [-10] or Honesty [-10].
                      • -20 points chosen from
                      Callous [-5], Impulsiveness [-10], On the Edge [-15], Overconfidence [-5], Stubbornness [-5].

                      Skills: 12 points
                      Guns (Pistol, Shotgun, or Submachine Gun) (E) DX+2 [4]-17
                      Fast-Draw (Magazine) (E) DX [1]-15
                      • Seven of Guns (Light Machine Gun, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, or Submachine Gun) (E) DX+1 [1]-16
                      Crossbow, Fast-Draw (Pistol), Gunner (Machine Gun), Guns (Grenade Launcher), Liquid Projector (Flame thrower), all (E) DX [1]-16; or Throwing (A) DX-1 [1]-14.

                      More Skills: 10 points
                      Wrestling (A) DX [2]-15
                      Karate (H) DX-1 [2]-14
                      Driving (Automobile or Motorcycle) and Stealth, both (A) DX-1 [1]-14
                      Survival (Arctic) (A) Per-1 [1]-11
                      Armoury (Small Arms) (A) IQ [2]-10
                      Soldier (A) IQ-1 [1]-9

                      Stuff
                      Alice pack
                      M-16 with 10 extra mags, 28 rounds in each
                      12 Gauge with 100 rounds of 00 buck in a claymore bag, and 5 rounds in the gun
                      Colt 1911 with 4 extra mags
                      K-Bar
                      PRC-25 radio
                      Compass
                      Maps
                      10 x 50 Binoculars
                      Code book
                      Note book
                      2 grease pencils
                      2 Frags
                      2 canteens of water
                      6 LRRP rations
                      4 Morphine syrettes
                      2 field dressings
                      3 pairs of socks
                      Iodine tabs

                    • i_ate_breakfast
                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 13
                        Sooooooooooo, I was looking at some of my favorite settings

                        Horseclans - TL 7
                        Banestorm's Yrth - TL 7
                        New Sun (Shadow of the Torturer) - TL 7

                        And how to blend them up would be easy enough with a Banestorm sweeping up a war party of prairiecat riding kindred and another storm snatching up a band of metamynodon riding cultellarii from Urth.
                        Ah yes, I can see it now, the hornless rhino riding outlaws facing the sapient sabre-tooth riding raiders in the middle of the Orclands of Yrth.

                        Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, its cool, we'll play some standard dungeon crawl GURPS campaigns before going into one of my short-lived, utterly insane, soul numbing, make your eyes bleed campaigns that only I'll enjoy.

                        Ok, anyway, back to the favorite settings, I noticed they are TL 7 so when you make a tribal stone age dude you get -30 points, woo hoo! isn't that great?

                        And if you haven't read either series you should consider the first ones of both, they're kinda cool.
                        The Horseclans is where I got the phrase dirtmen.

                        Robert Adams

                        Gene Wolfe
                      • i_ate_breakfast
                        Message 11 of 18 , May 18
                          I keep getting stuck on the Strangler Talent for character creation, it is one of the very few that has some fighting skills. So I thought I would make some Soldier Talents that don't suck.

                          A Talent that affects 6 or less skills costs 5 points per level and the wide ranging ones cost 15, so here are some Soldier Talents that you can spend 5 or combine two and spend 10 or take all three for 15.

                          Soldier (Basic) 5 points per level
                          Guns (Rifle), Knife, Savoir-Faire (Military), Soldier, Spear, Thrown Weapon (Grenade)

                          Soldier (Advanced) 5 points per level
                          Electronic Operation (Comm), First Aid, Judo, Navigation (Land), Stealth, Tactics

                          Soldier (Elite) 5 points per level
                          Explosives (EOD), Karate, Parachuting, Physician, Survival, Traps

                          So lets see, 2 points in each skill (36) and four levels of each talent (60), that's 96 points for a dude that a useful soldier even with a 10 in all his stats.

                          Might make some more

                          Assassin
                          Skills: Fast-Draw (Knife and Pistol), Garrote, Guns (Pistol), Knife, Poisons and Stealth

                          Hand to Hand
                          Skills: Boxing,  Brawling,  Judo,  Karate and Wrestling

                          Calvary
                          Skills: Riding (Horse), Animal Handling (Horse), Packing, Saber and Teamster – and Veterinary (Horses only).

                          Teacher
                          Skills: Biology, History,  Literature,  Mathematics,  Public  Speaking and Teaching

                          Hunter
                          Skills: Naturalist, Navigation (Land), Stealth, Survival (any), Tracking and Traps

                          Mr Fix it
                          Skills: Armory (any), Electrician and  all  Electronics  Operation  and Electronics Repair specialties, Engineer and Mechanic (any)

                          Thief
                          Skills: Climbing, Escape, Lock Picking, Pickpocket, Sleight of Hand, and Stealth

                          Duelist
                          Skills: Fast-Draw (Knife and Sword), Knife, Main-Gauche, Rapier, Saber and Thrown Weapon (Knife)

                        • i_ate_breakfast
                          Message 12 of 18 , May 21
                            SOLDIER (130 point template)
                            You were a soldier, at least that's what they told you.

                            Attributes: 120 points
                            ST 10  [0]
                            DX 14 [80]
                            IQ 10  [0]
                            HT 14 [40]

                            Secondary Characteristics: -10
                            Damage 1d-2/1d; BL 20 lbs.
                            HP 10 [0]; Will 8 [-10]; Per 10 [0]; FP 14 [0]
                            Basic Speed 7 [0]; Basic Move 7 [0].

                            Advantage: 1 point
                            Signature Gear [1]

                            Perks: 2 points
                            Walking Armory [1], Weapon Bond [1]

                            Languages +5
                            English (Native) [0]
                            Any one Language: Spoken (Native)/Written (None) [3]
                            Vietnamese: Spoken (Broken)/Written (None) [1]
                            Any one Language: Spoken (Broken)/Written (None) [3]

                            Disadvantages: -40 points
                            Bloodlust [-10], Partial Amnesia [-10], Sense of Duty (Team) [-5], Weirdness Magnet [-15]

                            Quirks: -0 points

                            Skills: 52 points
                            Guns (Rifle) (DX/E)+7 [24]-21
                            Guns (LMG, Pistol) (DX/E)Default+1 [1]-20
                            Boxing (DX/A)+1 [4]-15
                            Spear and Stealth, both (DX/A) [2]-14
                            Fast Draw (Pistol and Magazine), Gunner (MG), Knife, Parachuting,
                            Thrown Weapon (Grenade), all (DX/E) [1]-14
                            Swim (HT/E) [1]-14
                            Drive (Car) and NBC Suit, both (DX/A)-1 [1]-13
                            First Aid (IQ/E) [1]-10
                            Armory (Small Arms), Electronic Operation (Comm), Explosives (Demolitions),
                            Navigation (Land), Soldier, Traps, all (IQ/A)-1 [1]-9
                            Survival (Arctic) (Per/A)-1 [1]-9
                            Tactics (IQ/H)-2 [1]-8

                            Lens (Medic 20 points)
                            Physician (IQ/H)+4 [20]-14
                            take away First Aid and put the point into
                            Surgery (IQ/VH) Default+1 [1]-10

                          • i_ate_breakfast
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jun 2
                              Morrow Project (150 point template)
                              Medic with some survival skills and a few bad habits

                              Attributes: 80 points
                              ST 12  [20]
                              DX 12 [40]
                              IQ 10  [0]
                              HT 12 [20]

                              Secondary Characteristics: -10
                              Damage 1d-1/1d+2; BL 29 lbs.
                              HP 12 [0]; Will 8 [-10]; Per 10 [0]; FP 12 [0]
                              Basic Speed 6 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0].

                              Advantage: 49 points
                              High Manual Dexterity 3 [15], High Pain Threshold [10], Nightvision 4 [4],
                              Strangler 2 [10], War Leader 2 [10]

                              Perks: 1 point
                              Walking Armory [1]

                              Languages 1 point
                              English (Native) [0]
                              French: Spoken (Broken)/Written (None) [1]

                              Disadvantages: -40 points
                              Intolerance [-5], Partial Amnesia [-10], Sense of Duty (Team) [-5], Skinny [-5], Weirdness Magnet [-15]

                              Quirks: -0 points

                              Skills: 69 points
                              Guns (Rifle) (DX/E)+3 [8]-15
                              Guns (Grenade Launcher) (DX/E) Default+1 [1]-12
                              Leatherworking/TL0 and Sewing/TL0, all (DX/E)+3 [1]-15
                              Leadership (IQ/A)+2 [2]-14
                              Physician (IQ/H)+4 [20]-14
                              Surgery (IQ/VH) Default+4 [1]-13
                              Brawling (DX/E)+2 [1]-14
                              Stealth and Wrestling, both (DX/A)+2 [2]-14
                              Pickpocket and Sleight of Hand, both (DX/H)+1 [1]-13
                              Teaching (IQ/A)+2 [8]-12
                              Strategy and Tactics, both (IQ/H)+2 [4]-12
                              Tracking (Per/A)+2 [2]-12
                              Savoir-Faire (Military) (IQ/E)+2 [1]-12
                              Lockpicking (IQ/A)+2 [1]-12
                              Knife (DX/E) [1]-12
                              Swim (HT/E) [1]- 12
                              Artist (Painting) (IQ/H)+1 [1]-11
                              Drive (Car) (DX/A)-1 [1]-11
                              Intelligence Analysis (IQ/H) [1]-10
                              Armory (Small Arms) and Soldier, both (IQ/A)-1 [1]-9
                              Survival (Arctic) (Per/A)-1 [1]-9

                              Strangler adds to
                              Brawling, Stealth, Tracking, and Wrestling

                              War-Leader adds to
                              Intelligence Analysis, Leadership, Savoir-Faire (Military), Strategy, and Tactics

                              High Man DX adds to
                              Artist, Jeweler, Knot-Tying, Leatherworking, Lockpicking, Pickpocket, Sewing, Sleight of Hand, and Surgery

                              Morrow Project (150 point template)
                              An engineer who is good with a rifle

                              Attributes: 80 points
                              ST 12  [20]
                              DX 12 [40]
                              IQ 10  [0]
                              HT 12 [20]

                              Secondary Characteristics: -10
                              Damage 1d-1/1d+2; BL 29 lbs.
                              HP 12 [0]; Will 8 [-10]; Per 10 [0]; FP 12 [0]
                              Basic Speed 6 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0].

                              Advantage: 31 points
                              Builder 4 [20], High Pain Threshold [10], Signature Gear [1]

                              Perks: 2 points
                              Walking Armory [1], Weapon Bond (M203)

                              Languages 1 point
                              English (Native) [0]
                              French: Spoken (Broken)/Written (None) [1]

                              Disadvantages: -40 points
                              Intolerance [-5], Partial Amnesia [-10], Sense of Duty (Team) [-5], Skinny [-5], Weirdness Magnet [-15]

                              Quirks: -0 points

                              Skills: 86 points
                              Guns (Rifle) (DX/E)+9 [32]-21
                              Guns (SMG) (DX/E) Default+1 [1]-20
                              Guns (Grenade Launcher) (DX/E) Default+1 [1]-18
                              Engineer (Civil) (IQ/H)+4 [4]-14
                              Architecture (IQ/A)+4 [2]-14
                              Carpentry and Masonry, both (IQ/E)+4 [1]-14
                              Engineer (Automobiles, Combat, Electrical, Mechanical, Mining, Small Arms), all (IQ/H)+2 [1]-12
                              Teaching (IQ/A)+2 [8]-12
                              Brawling, Fast Draw (Magazine), Gunner (MG), Knife, Parachuting,
                              Thrown Weapon (Grenade), all (DX/E) [1]-12
                              Stealth (DX/A) [2]-12
                              Swim (HT/E) [1]- 12
                              Drive (Car), NBC Suit, Pilot (Light Airplane) and Ride (Horse), all (DX/A)-1 [1]-11
                              Leadership (IQ/A) [2]-10
                              Physician and Tactics, both (IQ/H) [4]-10
                              Savoir-Faire (Military) (IQ/E) [1]-10
                              Armory (Small Arms), Elec. Op. (Comm), Navigation (Land) and Soldier, all (IQ/A)-1 [1]-9
                              Survival (Arctic) (Per/A)-1 [1]-9
                              Math (Applied) (IQ/H)-2 [1]-8

                              Builder adds to
                              Architecture, Carpentry, Engineer, Forced Entry, and Masonry

                              Not that any of the characters stats and skills matter since the high tech mutant cannibal soldiers will devour them all...

                            • i_ate_breakfast
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 15
                                Samurai Surgeon (150 point template)

                                Attributes: 120 points
                                ST 17  [70]
                                DX 11 [20]
                                IQ 10  [0]
                                HT 13 [30]

                                Secondary Characteristics: -10
                                Damage 1d+2/3d-1; BL 58 lbs.
                                HP 17 [0]; Will 8 [-10]; Per 10 [0]; FP 13 [0]
                                Basic Speed 6 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0].

                                Advantages: 25 points
                                Soldier 1 [5], Medic 3 [15], Ambidexterity [5]

                                Perk: 2 points
                                Technique Mastery (Dual Weapon Attack) [1],
                                Trademark Move (All Out Attack, two swords to Neck) [1]

                                Languages: 1 point
                                English (Native) [0]
                                Choose French or Vietnamese: Spoken (Broken)/Written (None) [1]

                                Disadvantages: -40 points
                                Bloodlust [-10], Partial Amnesia [-10], Sense of Duty (Team) [-5], Weirdness Magnet [-15]

                                Quirks:

                                ________________________________

                                ________________________________

                                Skills: 39 points
                                Guns (SMG) (DX/E)+3 [4]-14
                                Guns (LMG, Pistol, Rifle), all (DX/E) Default+1 [1]-13
                                Swim (HT/E) [1]-13
                                Broadsword (DX/A)+1 [4]-12
                                Physician (IQ/H)+2 [2]-12
                                Surgery (IQ/VH)+2 [4]-12
                                Spear (DX/A)+1 [2]-12
                                Gunner (MG), Knife, Parachuting, Thrown Weapon (Grenade), all (DX/E) [1]-11
                                Stealth (DX/A)-1 [1]-10
                                Drive (Car), NBC Suit, both (DX/A)-1 [1]-10
                                Leadership and Soldier, both (IQ/A) [1]-10
                                Tactics (IQ/H)-1 [1]-9
                                Electronic Operation (Comm and Medical), Explosives (Demolitions),
                                Navigation (Land), Traps, all (IQ/A) [1]-9
                                Survival (Arctic) (Per/A) [1]-9
                                Armory (Small Arms), Electrician and Mechanic (Car), all (IQ/A)-1 [1]-9

                                Techniques: 13 points
                                Dual Weapon Attack (Swords) [9]-16
                                Targeted Attack (Broadsword/Neck) [4]-10 (its 15 if using Trademark Move)

                              • i_ate_breakfast
                                Message 15 of 18 , Aug 24
                                • i_ate_breakfast
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Sep 9 1:25 AM
                                    125 point Morrow Project template

                                    Attributes: 80 points
                                    ST 14  [40]
                                    DX 10 [0]
                                    IQ  10  [0]
                                    HT 14 [40]

                                    Secondary Characteristics: -10
                                    Damage 1d/2d; BL 39 lbs.
                                    HP 14 [0]; Will 8 [-10]; Per 10 [0]; FP 14 [0]
                                    Basic Speed 6 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0].

                                    Advantages: 26 points
                                    Special Forces Instructor 4 [20] (+4 to Physician, Surgery, Stealth, Guns,
                                    Brawling, Teaching)
                                    Ambidexterity [5], Signature Gear [1]

                                    Perks: 3 points
                                    Walking Armory [1], Technique Mastery (Dual Weapon Attack) [1], Pistol Fist [1]

                                    Languages +1
                                    English (Native) [0]
                                    French, Hmong or Vietnamese (Broken/Spoken Only) [1]

                                    Disadvantages: -40 points
                                    Weirdness Magnet [-15], Skinny [-5], Overconfidence [-5], Sense of Duty [-5]

                                    Quirks:

                                    Skills: 50 points
                                    Guns (Pistol) (DX/E)+2 [20]-20*
                                    Guns (Rifle) (DX/E)Default+1 [1]-19*
                                    Brawling (DX/E)+6 [4]-16*
                                    Stealth (DX/A) [2]-14*
                                    Swim (HT/E) [1]- 14
                                    Physician (IQ/H)+4 [4]-14*
                                    Surgery (IQ/VH)+3 [4]-13*
                                    Teaching (IQ/A)+3 [1]-13*
                                    Spear (DX/A) [2]-10
                                    Fast Draw (Magazine) (DX/E) [1]-10
                                    Knife (DX/E) [1]-10
                                    Drive (Car) and NBC Suit, both (DX/A)-1 [1]-9
                                    Armory (Small Arms), Electronic Operation (Comm),
                                    Leadership, Navigation (Land) and Soldier, all (IQ/A)-1 [1]-9
                                    Survival (Arctic) (Per/A)-1 [1]-9
                                    Tactics (IQ/H)-2 [1]-8

                                    *+4 from Special Forces Instructor

                                    Techniques: 15
                                    Dual-Weapon Attack (Pistols) [9]-24
                                    Targeted Attack (Pistol/Eye) [6]-16 (20 with two pistols)

                                    25 points left

                                    Talents
                                    Fighter: Brawling, Fast Draw, Guns, Judo, Knife and Stealth.
                                    Reaction Bonus: no one, you're a killer. 5 points/level.

                                    Soldier: Guns, Leadership, Savoir-Faire (Military), Soldier, Spear and Tactics.
                                    Reaction Bonus: other soldiers. 5 points/level.

                                    VR Sleep Training: Electronic Operation, Electronic Repair,
                                    Guns, Mechanic, Physician and Teaching.
                                    Reaction Bonus: the computer in your VR. 5 points/level.

                                    Mechanically Inclined: Carpentry, Electrician, Electronics Repair, Engineer,
                                    Masonry, Mechanic.
                                    Reaction Bonus: Anyone for whom you use your skills. 5 points/level