psionic ranger prestige class

  • dirtkami
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2009
      I was wondering if anyone here is good at making prestige classes, I could use some help.

      In one of the many campaign ideas I have floating around in my head there is a human-like race called the Law Bringers, they are psionic and hunt aberrations across the planes.

      Anyway, I was also thinking of a prestige class of the same name. The idea being that they sometimes teach others to help in their endless quest against aberrations.

      Law Bringer prestige class
      Requirements:
      Must be Lawful
      Favored Enemy (aberrations)
      Psionic Shot feat
      Craft (weaponsmith) 5 ranks
      Knowledge (the Planes) 2 ranks
      Must make a psi cannon
      .
      Psi Cannons have no trigger and are fired when you expend your psionic focus.

      Possible prestige class benefits
      +1 to favored enemy damage every so often
      feats - Psionic Meditation, Greater Psionic Shot, Fell Shot
      Ranged Combat Style, lawbringer levels stack with ranger levels.
      Craft armor piercing rounds (ignore 5 points of DR on aberrations only)

      and some random background stuff from the campaign

      The Red Tower appears on different worlds, sometimes it just sits there for a night then vanishes at sunrise, other times it waits a century, spewing forth endless hordes of hunters.

      Hunters look like tentacled skinless dogs and appear to be attuned to magic, for they unerringly run down, rend and devour all users of magic.

      Hunters are tireless and do not sleep, but they must feed upon the flesh of creatures that use magic to survive and can live for a week and a day without eating.

      A human-like race who call themselves the Law Bringers have also come out of the Red Tower on occasion. They are tall, pale skinned and gaunt, most keep their heads shaved and dress in black leather armor and wear wide brimmed hats pulled low to shade their eyes. Law Bringers carry swords and hand cannons.

      The toad men come from a subterranean kingdom on the dark side of a frozen moon. When the Red Tower appeared on their world, they ate the Hunters and went inside to look for more. They carry a disease that causes men to slowly turn into mushrooms.