Fallout 3

  • James Chrisman
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2008
      Well, its finally out, fairly fun, definitely different than fallout 2.
    • Scott Plunk
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2008
        What's the basic premise of the Fallout series of games?  How does the story progress from 1 to 2 to 3?  Just curious.

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2008
          The story goes, your in an underground bunker called a Vault when the
          apocalypse hits and years later the door opens up and out you go into
          the wasteland with your pseudo 50's science attitude and gear.

          The first Fallout game I made a dude, did all the starting quests and
          once outside the Vault I got killed by a mutated scorpion. Thats it,
          never played it again.

          In Fallout 2 you live in a tribe of primitives descended from the
          original character who left the Vault. Your tribe is dying so off you
          go into the wasteland looking for a high tech solution to the tribes
          problems, A Garden of Eden creation kit or GECKO.

          So I made a kung fu expert and killed ravening mutants, cruel slavers,
          despicable raiders, creepy aliens and rabid mole rats with karate
          kicks to the head.

          When you get the GECKO your tribe has been enslaved by the time you
          get back and then you have to go to an offshore oil rig and rescue them.

          In Fallout 3 you start out as a Vault dweller again, but this time in
          the Washington DC area, the other Fallout games were set on the west
          coast.

          Also, the game was made to be used with GURPS but at the last minute
          Steve Jackson opposed the violence and backed out, lol. What a major
          retard, roll a d6 to see how dumb you are Steve Jackass-on.

          1-6 really dumb
          7 dumb
          8 still dumb

          --- In Maps_Gods_Stories@yahoogroups.com, Scott Plunk <plunkscott@...>