random elves for june

  • James Chrisman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8 12:31 PM
      In a few of my settings I use a race called dran (I use half-drow
      stats), a mix mainly of human and drow with some hobgoblin. They are
      plane hopping refugees from a mind flayer dominated world that have
      settled on several of my worlds. They're arrogant, aggressive, don't
      mind settling on the surface or underground and really hate mind
      flayers. They can be any class including psionic ones.

      On one world they conquered and enslaved a duergar town beneath the
      surface of a goblin/hobgoblin empire. On another they settled on the
      coast, after subjugating the local primitive (they were around bronze
      age level of tech) humans and over the centuries have mixed culturally
      and physically with the humans, "pure" dran still make up the nobles
      in their four city-states and wilder areas still have human barbarian
      tribes.

      Other elf varients I've used in various worlds include

      In a world I made called Ashdar there are no halflings and the only PC
      available elves are size small, considered fey and sometimes called
      elflings.
      Ashdars other race of elves, the Night Elves (I use drow stats) are
      pale white skinned elves with silvery hair and red glowing eyes, they
      worship Nire, an evil moon goddess (not Lolth), considered fey, they
      have DR5/cold iron.
      They emerge from hidden underground lairs and pocket planes during
      nights of the full moon and kidnap the young of other races, they
      occasionally leave half-night elf infants in exchange. Half Night
      Elves are rare but can be PCs.

      In the world Ord Rakkir, Mithril Elves (grey elves with the axiomatic
      template) live in walled villas surrounded by orderly rows of trees
      and slave tended orchards. Like a cross of roman empire senators with
      legions of half-elf mamluks (slave soldiers). Half-elf deserters and
      dissidents have joined/founded various other nations over the years in
      areas out of the Mithral Empires reach, The Pirate Isles, The Free
      City of Ilbar, The Horse Tribes, The Forest Tribes.

      I also have some scattered, small kingdoms of grey elves that live in
      a few high forested mountain valleys where the elite ride griffons,
      others favor alliances with giant eagles.