?? lessons for beginners ??

  • twhite126@home.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2001
      Hello, Manitoba Windsurfing Club

      I have been looking for a connection into the Manitoba
      board scene for a while, and finally found this Yahoo group last week.

      I would like to find out what is being offered this
      weekend at this event on lake manitoba. I have an interest
      in perhaps getting back into some racing and have a girlfriend -very
      interested
      in learning the sport of boardsailing. I don't have access currently
      to a my boards to teach her on and that is why
      this event caught my attention with "Free lessons"? but I
      can not figure out if this is for those wanting to learn to boardsail
      or for
      those wanting to learn to race - or those wanting to learn to
      "shortboard".

      Oh, and for her information :) What is the water temp like up there?

      Could someone let me know?

      PS the map link did not work for me at first - somehow the end
      characters got messed up
      but i did finally patch the mistake
      using this end string: files/WS%20Images/lk%20mb%20map.jpg

      Plus, can one join this windsurfing club there - or do I have to be a
      member
      first to join this free clinic?

      What kind of racing does this club normally hold - slalom, speed,
      course, onedesign?
      and what racing is to happen Sunday? Is the racing youth only?
      How good is the turn out for these events generally?

      Sorry for this lenghty email and ALL these QUESTIONS ! !

      Todd White.
      Former Saskatchewan Boarder based out of Saskatoon.
      Now Architectural Intern @ David Penner Architect - Winnipeg MB.
    • mitchtoe@loewen.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2001
        twhite126@home.
        com To: Manitoba_Windsurfing_Club@yahoogroups.com
        cc:
        06/06/01 05:17 Subject: [Manitoba_Windsurfing_Club] ?? lessons for beginners ??
        PM
        Please respond
        Manitoba_Windsu
        rfing_Club

        Hello, Manitoba Windsurfing Club

        I have been looking for a connection into the Manitoba board scene
        for a while, and finally found this Yahoo group last week.>>Yahoo!>>

        I would like to find out what is being offered this weekend at this
        event on lake manitoba. >>snip>>

        Plus, can one join this windsurfing club there >>YES>> - or do I have to
        be a member first to join this free clinic? >>SURE, WHY NOT ;-)...actaully,
        no, but it's only $25 and you can win a week in the DR!!>>

        What kind of racing does this club normally hold - slalom, speed, course,
        onedesign? >>imco/open class, with hopes and dreams for more>> and what
        racing is to happen Sunday? Is the racing youth only? >>open class>> How
        good is the turn out for these events generally? >>come out and see!
        anywhere from 3 to 12. Remember, 2 is way better than 1 (alone), 3 is
        exponentially more fun than 2, etc. This event promises to be a winner!>>

        Sorry for this lenghty email and ALL these QUESTIONS ! ! >>no sweat - just
        come out and sail :-) Mitch>>

        Todd White.
        Former Saskatchewan Boarder based out of Saskatoon.
        Now Architectural Intern @ David Penner Architect - Winnipeg MB.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        For more information: http://www.sailmanitoba.com/
        Post message: Manitoba_Windsurfing_Club@yahoogroups.com
        Subscribe: Manitoba_Windsurfing_Club-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        ***Contact Moderator, offlist: mitchtoe@...***

        Illi robur et aes triplex circa pectus erat, qui fragilem truci commisit
        pelago ratem primus.
        As hard as oak and three times bronze was the heart of him who first
        committed a fragile vessel to the keeping of wild waves.
        (Horace, Carmina)

      • - Terry Graham -
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 7, 2001
          twhite126@... wrote:

          > Todd White.
          > Former Saskatchewan Boarder based out of Saskatoon.
          > Now Architectural Intern @ David Penner Architect - Winnipeg MB.

          Hey Todd

          How are you doing, How's life in Winnipeg?

          Terry Graham CAN84
          Saskatchewan Windsurfing Club
          Western Director
          Windsurfing Canada
        • Paul Mager
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 7, 2001
            Hello,read your message and thought your girlfriend might need a wetsuit.The
            water temp. should be tolerable but if shes learning she will be spending
            some time in the water.I've got two suits,one shorty and the other a full
            suit.They're S-M in size,$50.00 and $125.00 respectively .