Call for Gaia Gathering Volunteers

  • Gaia Gathering
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2007
      Gaia Gathering is less than a month away - and we are looking for volunteers to give us a hand in making the Winnipeg conference a truly "Friendly Manitoba" experience.

      If you want to volunteer - we have a couple specific "crews" that could use a few more helpers,

      MODERATORS -
      Do you enjoy managing the energy of discussions, ensuring that all aspects of a topic are fairly represented, and all participants are validated? If you do, consider volunteering to moderate a panel discussion at Gaia Gathering. Moderators don't participate in the discussion, but they make sure all panel members are given equal time and our pagan community in attendance gets a chance to participate and pose questions. Yes, you'll also make sure the microphones are working and water is on the table. But in your mind, all you want to see is that you are helping build the lines of communication and understanding in our Canadian pagan community.   To volunteer or find out more about moderation, email lawrence.peters@... .

      REGISTRATION - Greet familiar faces and visitors from across Canada and start their Gaia Gathering experience right!  If you love to make people feel welcome, and don't mind sitting and smiling for a few hours greeting our happy conference attendees - Gaia Gathering Registration volunteering is for you! To join the Registration Squad - contact Dodie at dodiegraham@...  or call her at 223-6088.

      HOSPITALITY - Continue making Gaia Gathering attendees feel right at home by acting as the host/ess for a shift or two at one of our hospitality rooms (one smoking, two non-smoking) - at the University or at the Holiday Inn.  Keep the coffee on, put out the refreshments, and don't let the recycling bins overflow!  Interested? Contact Jane at 582-6708 or by email at j.leverick@...

      This is going out to Pagan lists across Manitoba.  If you aren't on the local Gaia Gathering volunteer list - please join!   Other opportunities and information will be posted there as the conference gets closer ... email GGWPG-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Hope to see you at the Conference!

      In Gaia's name we gather, She's called to you and me
      As Pagans, as Canadians, the branches of her maple tree
      (opening lines of the Gaia Gathering anthem)