Re: [ManhattanLibertarians] Re: Chuck Baldwin

  • Antonio SJ Musumeci
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 27, 2008
      Just as Barr doesn't represent the LP i've gotten the feeling that
      Baldwin doesn't purely represent the CP... but in a good way.

      On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 17:46:04 -0000
      "Nicolas Leobold" <nleobold@...> wrote:

      > The Biblical rhetoric is pretty scary, thanks for pointing that out.
      > And the Founders didn't even favor one particular religion over
      > another.
      >
      > Still, a lot of what the Constitution Party argues for is good, and
      > Baldwin is a pretty impressive candidate if you listen to him.
      >
      > Nic
      >
      > --- In ManhattanLibertarians@yahoogroups.com, "Evan Isaac"
      > <evanisaac2@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > check out what his "Constitution Party" stands for:
      > >
      > > http://www.constitutionparty.com/party_platform.php#Preamble
      > >

      > > On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Nicolas Leobold <nleobold@...>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > > I saw Chuck Baldwin, the Constitution Party presidential
      > candidate,
      > > > appearing on C-SPAN's Washington Journal this morning.
      > > >
      > > > He was very, very impressive, and brought up a lot of critical
      > issues that
      > > > Barr usually doesn't fit in to his appearances, like the problems
      > with the
      > > > Federal Reserve, the North American Union, the NAFTA Super
      > Highway, etc.
      > > >
      > > > If I was going to vote, I would be tempted to vote for Baldwin,
      > and it's
      > > > interesting that Ron Paul chose to endorse him. People say that
      > it was
      > > > because Barr didn't show up at Paul's press conference, but other
      > people say
      > > > that Baldwin is really much more libertarian than Bob Barr is.
      > > >
      > > > The only thing about Baldwin is, just like Paul and Barr, he is
      > also
      > > > anti-immigration and for closed borders.
      > > >
      > > > That's why I would still prefer if a purist like Mary Ruwart had
      > won the
      > > > nomination.
      > > >
      > > > Nic Leobold

    • Nicolas Leobold
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 27, 2008
        Yes, just like Ron Paul doesn't purely represent the Republican Party
        (or anywhere close), in a good way.

        --- In ManhattanLibertarians@yahoogroups.com, Antonio SJ Musumeci
        <bile@...> wrote:

        > Just as Barr doesn't represent the LP i've gotten the feeling that
        > Baldwin doesn't purely represent the CP... but in a good way.
        >
        > On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 17:46:04 -0000
        > "Nicolas Leobold" <nleobold@...> wrote:
        >
        > > The Biblical rhetoric is pretty scary, thanks for pointing that
        out.
        > > And the Founders didn't even favor one particular religion over
        > > another.
        > >
        > > Still, a lot of what the Constitution Party argues for is good,
        and
        > > Baldwin is a pretty impressive candidate if you listen to him.
        > >
        > > Nic
        > >
        > > --- In ManhattanLibertarians@yahoogroups.com, "Evan Isaac"
        > > <evanisaac2@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > check out what his "Constitution Party" stands for:
        > > >
        > > > http://www.constitutionparty.com/party_platform.php#Preamble

        > > candidate,

        > > issues that
        > > with the
        > > Highway, etc.

        Baldwin,
        > > and it's
        > > it was
        > > people say

        > > also

        > > won the

      • mark axinn
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 27, 2008
          Nick--

          I don't think he's on the ballot in New York.

          But Barr/Root are, as is Isaiah Matos for Congress, so please do vote for the Libertarian candidates.

          Mark

          To: nleobold@...

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 28, 2008
            Why do you think I would ever base my vote on what you
            wanted/requested?

            Isaiah is not in my district. I'm well aware that he's a candidate,
            as I've been reminded of that about 30 times.

            Anyway, I will probably not vote, as I've concluded it's pretty much
            a waste.

            Nic

            --- In ManhattanLibertarians@yahoogroups.com, mark axinn
            <markaxinn@...> wrote:

            > Nick--
            >
            > I don't think he's on the ballot in New York.
            >
            > But Barr/Root are, as is Isaiah Matos for Congress, so please do
            vote for the Libertarian candidates.Mark

            > To: nleobold@...: nleobold@...: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:21:47 -
            0400Subject: [ManhattanLibertarians] Chuck Baldwin

            > I saw Chuck Baldwin, the Constitution Party presidential candidate,
            appearing on C-SPAN's Washington Journal this morning.
            > He was very, very impressive, and brought up a lot of critical
            issues that Barr usually doesn't fit in to his appearances, like the
            problems with the Federal Reserve, the North American Union, the
            NAFTA Super Highway, etc.
            > If I was going to vote, I would be tempted to vote for Baldwin, and
            it's interesting that Ron Paul chose to endorse him. People say that
            it was because Barr didn't show up at Paul's press conference, but
            other people say that Baldwin is really much more libertarian than
            Bob Barr is.
            > The only thing about Baldwin is, just like Paul and Barr, he is
            also anti-immigration and for closed borders.
            > That's why I would still prefer if a purist like Mary Ruwart had
            won the nomination.
            > Nic Leobold

          • Sam Sloan
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 28, 2008
              On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Evan Isaac <evanisaac2@...> wrote:

              check out what his "Constitution Party" stands for:

              http://www.constitutionparty.com/party_platform.php#Preamble

              This is shocking. I do not care how great their candidate is, we should never support something like this.

              Sam Sloan

              Preamble

              The Constitution Party gratefully acknowledges the blessing of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as Creator, Preserver and Ruler of the Universe and of these United States. We hereby appeal to Him for mercy, aid, comfort, guidance and the protection of His Providence as we work to restore and preserve these United States.

              This great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been and are afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.

              The goal of the Constitution Party is to restore American jurisprudence to its Biblical foundations and to limit the federal government to its Constitutional boundaries.

              The Constitution of these United States provides that "no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States." The Constitution Party supports the original intent of this language. Therefore, the Constitution Party calls on all those who love liberty and value their inherent rights to join with us in the pursuit of these goals and in the restoration of these founding principles.

              The U.S. Constitution established a Republic rooted in Biblical law, administered by representatives who are Constitutionally elected by the citizens. In such a Republic all Life, Liberty and Property are protected because law rules.