Who is Salu Soz ?

  • Salu Soz
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 18, 2004
      Who is Salu Soz

      Who is Salu Soz ?

      Who are you ? What is your real name ? Why are you hiding ? What is your objective? What is your intention? Why don't you come to light? were the everyday questions in my mailbox from the members of MangaloreanCatholics. I made several attempts to explain these questions through this group but refrain from giving my identity.

      One among such explanation was in the message
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MangaloreanCatholics/message/333

      But people did not felt satisfied. Since I wanted to give importance to the messages of discussions I stopped publishing such messages. But still such messages keep coming to my personal inbox daily. May be we MangaloreanCatholics give importance to the person than the work a person does.

      While starting this group I was very firm in my mind that in any situation I will not reveal my identity. I will remain as Salu Soz only. But my own work compelled me to reveal my identity.

      One of the first query came from MangaloreanCatholics to me was to give Mangalorean Konkani prayers in Roman script. As I found that a number of our members who did not have exposure to Konkani prayers have started Konkani prayers in their homes I decided to print the book.

      If I print the book the book should go to all Konkani families. For this imprimatur is very much necessary so that it can be used in any church prayer services anywhere in the world. Immediately I contacted Mangala Jyothi director Rev Fr. Ronald Serrao to verified the prayers who took all responsibility and pains and did it in very nice manner. Amiyar Bombay voluntarily came forward to edit the book. Bishop of Mangalore Rev Dr. Aloysius Paul D'Souza gave the Imprimatur to the book. So I gave the book for printing. I used very expensive art papers and laminated the book. It was a very huge cost for me. But I kept Rs. 5/- as the price for the book because I wanted to hear Konkani prayers in each and every Konkani families. In fact the cost price of the book is much higher than this.

      I succeeded in hiding myself for the last four and half months and run this huge network of Mangalorean Catholics. I could have continued the same way. But I can not do the same thing while printing the book. I just can not give a fictitious name as a author of the book without contact details this compelled me to reveal my identity to the group.

      Here I am revealing my identiy.
      Here is your Salu Soz

      Name: Ancy Salvadore D'Souza
      Pen Name: Ancy Paladka
      Date of Birth: 7th Feb 1967
      Native Place: Paladka
      Current residence: Mumbai
      Education: X & PUC - St. Aloysius College
                     B.Sc (Statistics, Mathematics, Physics) - Sri Mahaveera College Moodbidri
                     B.E. (Computer Science & Engg) - Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
      Profession: Software Engineer
      Wife: Priya Shirley D'Souza
      Children: Nil
      Contact Adddress:
      E2-139 Diwan Apt III,
      Vasai Road East,
      Thane Dist - 401 210,
      Maharashtra, INDIA
      Tel: (+91/95)-250-2390225 / 3465394,
      Cell: 0 9422 4922 41 / 98 92 91 7888
      Email: ancy@...

      I am mostly known by my pen name Ancy Paladka though I write in several other pen names too.

      I write regularly in Konkani since last 22 years. I am concentrating more on children's literature since last 10 years. I have received Karnataka Konkani Sahitya Akademy award for the years 1995 to 1997. I have received Dr. T. M. A. Pai Award for the year 1999. My several nursery rhymes are published in a book published by Goa Education board for the childrens of Upper KG and Lower KG classes. I was a honorary lecturer for Konkani Diploma classes in St. Aloysius college. I was editor of Amcho Yuvak and editorial board member of Raknno. I was a central council executive committee member of CYM and also Catholic Sabha for seven years and served in various positions at diocesan level.

      For more about myself please click the link
      http://www.maaibhaas.com/borpimithr/part7.html

      I will also give you some of the links of my writings.
      1 http://mangalorean.com/konkani/archive.php?ltype=Ancy (11 Songs and 3 Stories in three scripts)
      2 http://www.konkandaiz.com/mankam.html (18 Songs for Children in three scripts)
      3 http://www.konkandaiz.com/KKancy.html (Poem)
      4. http://www.maaibhaas.com/valley/partsixteen.html (Story)
      5. http://mangalorean.com/konkani/archive.php?ltype=Lesson (4 Konkani Lessons)
      6. http://www.maaibhaas.com/sahithy/ancy1.html (Poem)
      7. http://www.maaibhaas.com/sahithy/ancy2.html (Article on Konkani History)
      8. http://www.maaibhaas.com/sahithy/vachap.html (Article - Need for writing for children)
      9. http://www.maaibhaas.com/sahithy/ancy5.html
      10. http://www.maaibhaas.com/sahithy/ancy8.html (Poem)
      11. http://www.maaibhaas.com/sahithy/ancy3.html (Poem)

      Here are some of my books.
      1. IEGO BAYE (Poetry for elders, Two Editions,  Kannada script), Copies sold out.
          First Edition: 1995 October, Second Edition: 1995 November
         Publisher of both books Raknno Publications, Mangalore
         Award: Karnataka Konkani Sahitya Akademy award for the years 1995-97

      2. CHIRPUTAM (100 Songs for Childrens with colourful illustrations, Kannada script)
          Published by Prathibha Prakashana, Mangalore, Year - 1998 May
         Award: Dr. T. M. A Pai Foundation Appreciation award for the year 1999

      3. BAALL SANGATI (Children's Education Companion) - Year 1999
          Publisher Rego & Sons, Bangalore
          (This book is in Kannada, Tulu, and three scripts of Konkani ie Nagari, Roman and Kannada, so that all people can use it to learn Konkani)

      4. PINOCIO (Translated Novel published by Raknno, Kannada Script)
          Year 1998-99

      5. VINU SUNNI ANI SANGATI (Translated Novel published by Amchi Mai - Kannada Script)
           Year - 1998-99

      6.  PUT'TU XETICHIO KANNIO
           (Folklore style 16 stories with attractive illustrations
            specially targetted to the children in mumbai in  Devnagiri script)
           Year - 2004

      I am also a regular contributor of various Konkani periodicals in a number of nick names. But I am known by my pen name Ancy Paladka. I also contribute to most of the Konkani websites like http://www.daijiworld.com http://www.mangalorean.com http://www.maaibhaas.com http://www.bellevision.com http://www.konkaniworld.com

      It gives immense joy to me to serve for my community and for my language.

      Dev Borem Korum

      Salu Soz
      (Ancy Paladka)

    • Joseph Sequeira
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 19, 2004
        I am really happy to hear that its you ancy who is the main head behind the konkan group. Thats a real big work you have done, more than that i am proud that one of my friend has done it.

        Keep up the good work. may god give you all his blessings to continue this gr8 job.

        Mog asundi
        Joseph Sequeira
      • deepak_cutinha
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 19, 2004
          Dear Mr. Ancy Paladka aka Salu Soz ,

          Amazing !! I mean the amount of work time and dedication you have put in to make this group work !!

          God Bless and a big round of cheers for you !!

          I am sure the good work you have been doing has helped lots'n'lots of our folks back home and all around the World !!

          Hope all you dreams for the MangaloreanCatholics Group come true..!!

          Hello to Priya Shirley D'souza your better half who I am sure is part of all your fame and success.. !!

          I sure wud like to have the book you are getting done...
          But not sure how I am gonna get it :-))

          Congratulation for all the achievements !!

          Best Regards,

          Deepak Cutinha aka www.deepakcutinha.tk
        • dsouza evanglist
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 19, 2004
            Excellent! Irmaavn Salu!

            I had a faint feeling that Salu Soz may be Salvadore D'Souza. As I received invitation by Mangalorean Catholics, without my having no relative or friend in mangalore I wondered whether Salu Soz was U! Later, I resigned; as Shakespeare had said or was it Wordsworth or Milton "Whats in a name; A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.! It is UR intention & work U do & efforts that U carry on are resplendant. I cannot even hold a faintly flickering candle to U!

            I cherish our acquaintance via Konkani Heritage & Goa Goans group.
            Fondly remembering U,

            With warm regards & Good wishes

            D'Souza wilberious Evanglist
          • priya kothuru
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 21, 2004
              Dear Salu

              Bravo!! eventually you revealed your secrecy of the man behind the show.

              We take pride of the man who linked us togather and the info we share among, is just another word of praise to you. Highly appreciate your hard work and thank you for connecting Mangy people globally.

              Your doing a great job Salu.....so Good Luck and best wishes to you.

              Cheers!!!!
              Dev Boren Korum
              Priya Fernandes
            • ambassadorpurplelady
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 22, 2004
                Dear dear Salu,

                I am so glad I read this message. You make us Mangaloreans proud.
                Hats off to you brother...... You are blessed to be a blessing and
                will continue to be one. The very thought that you are contributing
                to the lives of little kids fills my heart with immense joy ..... it
                is rare to find a man of your stature... making time for kids.... and
                I promise you that Alimighty God will continuously shower HIS
                choicest blessings on you, your beloved wife [backbone], your
                ventures and every work [which will continue to be established] all
                the days of your life.
                May goodness and mercy follow you for the rest of your life. Amen.

                Lydia