Holiday Knit Party At Hilary's

  • Gina House
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
      Hello everyone!

      This year, Hilary has very graciously offered to have the Holiday Knit/Swap/Potluck party at her house, since I'll be leaving shortly after Christmas to go to SC.

      Here are the details, so please save this date!

      When:  December 13, 2008 Saturday
      Where:  Hilary's house:  25 Billings Street Manchester, NH
      Time:  12 pm - ? (time is approx. depending on what is better for everyone)
      What:  Please bring a food dish or wine/drinks and, if you'd like to participate in the gift swap, a gift with value of $25 or so...knitting/crochet/yarn related, if possible.

      RSVP here (or in person) with what you are bringing by December 6th - so Hil will have time to plan for the number of guests.

      Examples of Items to bring would include:

      -Spring water, Diet Coke, Mountain Dew, wines, other alcohol
      -Paper plates, cups, silverware, napkins
      -Desserts - two kinds are good - like cake and cookies or chocolates
      -Big Salad and/or Veggie Crudite
      -Fresh fruit
      -Main meals- hot dips with chips, mac & cheese, crock pot foods (like meatballs, etc), and/or sandwiches
      -Crackers & cheese or appetizers along those lines

      I thought it was better to post here rather than on the MV Ravelry, just because I don't know how many people Hil would like to have at her house at one time....and our online presence is pretty big there.  I figure we can ask Karen, Uli, Anita, Kerry and some of the Friday night crew in person or forward them this email.   Please ask Hil before inviting extra people....thanks : )

      Looking forward to seeing you guys on Friday and Happy Birthday to Ericka!

      ~ Gina ; )

    • Caroline
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 7, 2008
        Hey Hil, I wasn't paying attention to the date. I'll be there but I
        just have no clue what I am bringing. Can I tell you Wednesday?

        Caroline

        --- In ManchVegasKnitting@yahoogroups.com, Gina House
        <gina.house@...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone!
        >
        > This year, Hilary has very graciously offered to have the Holiday
        > Knit/Swap/Potluck party at her house, since I'll be leaving
        shortly
        > after Christmas to go to SC.
        >
        > Here are the details, so please save this date!
        >
        > When: December 13, 2008 Saturday
        > Where: Hilary's house: 25 Billings Street Manchester, NH
        > Time: 12 pm - ? (time is approx. depending on what is better for
        > everyone)
        > What: Please bring a food dish or wine/drinks and, if you'd like
        > participate in the gift swap, a gift with value of $25 or
        > so...knitting/crochet/yarn related, if possible.
        >
        > RSVP here (or in person) with what you are bringing by December
        6th -
        > so Hil will have time to plan for the number of guests.
        >
        > Examples of Items to bring would include:
        >
        > -Spring water, Diet Coke, Mountain Dew, wines, other alcohol
        > -Paper plates, cups, silverware, napkins
        > -Desserts - two kinds are good - like cake and cookies or chocolates
        > -Big Salad and/or Veggie Crudite
        > -Fresh fruit
        > -Main meals- hot dips with chips, mac & cheese, crock pot foods
        (like
        > meatballs, etc), and/or sandwiches
        > -Crackers & cheese or appetizers along those lines
        >
        > I thought it was better to post here rather than on the MV
        Ravelry,
        > just because I don't know how many people Hil would like to have
        at
        > her house at one time....and our online presence is pretty big
        > there. I figure we can ask Karen, Uli, Anita, Kerry and some of
        the
        > Friday night crew in person or forward them this email. Please
        ask
        > Hil before inviting extra people....thanks : )
        >
        > Looking forward to seeing you guys on Friday and Happy Birthday to
        > Ericka!
        >
        > ~ Gina ; )

      • Sarah Cuthbert
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 9, 2008
          Hi,

          I won't be there I have Kathryn's birthday Party (planned a month ago) and the bus x-mas party all on Sat.

          Sorry maybe next year,

          Sarah C

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 10, 2008
            Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it. Too many previous
            engagements. Boys have soccer and Aakash's first basketball class is
            also Dec 13th. Then a Birthday party. -Vidhi
            wrote:

            > Hello everyone!
            >
            > This year, Hilary has very graciously offered to have the Holiday
            > Knit/Swap/Potluck party at her house, since I'll be leaving shortly
            > after Christmas to go to SC.
            >
            > Here are the details, so please save this date!
            >
            > When: December 13, 2008 Saturday
            > Where: Hilary's house: 25 Billings Street Manchester, NH
            > Time: 12 pm - ? (time is approx. depending on what is better for
            > everyone)
            > What: Please bring a food dish or wine/drinks and, if you'd like to
            > participate in the gift swap, a gift with value of $25 or
            > so...knitting/crochet/yarn related, if possible.
            >
            > RSVP here (or in person) with what you are bringing by December 6th -
            > so Hil will have time to plan for the number of guests.
            >
            > Examples of Items to bring would include:
            >
            > -Spring water, Diet Coke, Mountain Dew, wines, other alcohol
            > -Paper plates, cups, silverware, napkins
            > -Desserts - two kinds are good - like cake and cookies or chocolates
            > -Big Salad and/or Veggie Crudite
            > -Fresh fruit
            > -Main meals- hot dips with chips, mac & cheese, crock pot foods (like
            > meatballs, etc), and/or sandwiches
            > -Crackers & cheese or appetizers along those lines
            >
            > I thought it was better to post here rather than on the MV Ravelry,
            > just because I don't know how many people Hil would like to have at
            > her house at one time....and our online presence is pretty big
            > there. I figure we can ask Karen, Uli, Anita, Kerry and some of the
            > Friday night crew in person or forward them this email. Please ask
            > Hil before inviting extra people....thanks : )
            >
            > Looking forward to seeing you guys on Friday and Happy Birthday to
            > Ericka!
            >
            > ~ Gina ; )

          • The Maxwells
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 10, 2008

              Such a wonderful time of the year.... unfortunately too much is happening.  Regrets from me.... as I can not make it.

              I'll be thinking of "you all" ... Happy Holidays,
              Vicki