Cup of Tea...

  • Sarah Cuthbert
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2008

      Cup of Tea...

      One day my mother was out and my dad was in charge of me.

      I was maybe 2 1/2 years old and had just recovered from an accident.

      Someone had given me a little 'tea set' as a get-well gift and it was one of my favorite toys.

      Daddy was in the living room engrossed in the evening news when I brought him a little cup of 'tea' which was just water.  After several cups of tea and lots of praise for such yummy tea, my Mom came home.

      My Dad made her wait in the living room to watch me bring him a cup of 'tea', because it was 'just the cutest thing!'

      My Mom waited, and sure enough, here I come down the hall with a cup of 'tea' for Daddy and she watches him drink it up.

      Then she says, (as only a mother would know...  :)

      'Did it ever occur to you that the only place she can reach to get water is the toilet?'