Re: Patternworks

  • nabrri@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
      Thank you Gina & Donna!  I am familiar with Webs' catalog and site (LOVE them - so fast with their shipping too!) and hope to get out there this spring / summer.  My other half's stepmom actually choose the day trip (celebrating her bday) because she's never been up to the Meredith / Lake W area, so we'll go and check it out.  She actually thought that was the Webs store and I had to tell her no, so I think she wants to get to Webs too... lol!  I guess I'll go in to Patternworks with my guard up... I don't like cold stores, lol!!!!

      - Nichole

    • laurin@laurinmarden.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
        When we went up there on our day trip, we added lunch at Canoe, which is in Center Harbor, a stone's throw from Patternworks. Definitely a do-over - the food there was EXCELLENT. Gina is still quivering over the sweet potato fries with blue cheese sauce!!

        Also, there are few very interesting little shops right there as well - a consignment crafts / arts boutique, an awesome little bookstore - it makes for a nice day.

        Laurin

        ---- nabrri@... wrote:
        Thank you Gina & Donna! I am familiar with Webs' catalog and site (LOVE them - so fast with their shipping too!) and hope to get out there this spring / summer. My other half's stepmom actually choose the day trip (celebrating her bday) because she's never been up to the Meredith / Lake W area, so we'll go and check it out. She actually thought that was the Webs store and I had to tell her no, so I think she wants to get to Webs too... lol! I guess I'll go in to Patternworks with my guard up... I don't like cold stores, lol!!!!

        - Nichole
      • Nichole
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 7, 2006
          Hey everyone... thanks for the tips on Patternworks. I wasn't going
          to give my 2 cents back, but I figured since everyone is talking
          about opinions and the Nashua store... well, I just couldn't
          resist! :-) I felt like those of you who said at Patternworks, you
          felt as though you should just browse, get what you want and
          leave... I was quite surprised that there is no room to sit and knit
          (there's a SMALL folding table in front of the pattern books - but
          it is crammed in and not at all inviting). I also thought the store
          would've been bigger in size. The women there were somewhat
          friendly, but the one who was the most friendly really didn't seem
          to know a thing about knitting. The woman who knew the most about
          the yarns and such wasn't all that friendly and she was very short
          and blunt... then she took 20 minutes to find the pattern I was
          looking for - handed me a book and said "its in here" and walked
          away. Thanks but no thanks - the book was not even the same company
          and NO my pattern wasn't in there. Another 20 minutes of searching
          through the pattern binders where another woman said I could find
          it... only to find out "oh we don't have that pattern in yet, we can
          order it for you though." ARGH! I ended up coming home and
          ordering the pattern from their website and then ordering the yarn
          from WEBS (and saving $$$) - they lost a fairly large sale due to
          that. I'd go again if in the area, but at least now I know what to
          expect. We're now planning a trip out to WEBS (esp after someone
          mentioned their warehouse out back!) for sometime in the next month
          hopefully. Oh and we did try to stop at Canoe for lunch, but they
          were closed (it was after 2:30), so Hart's Turkey Farm it was...
          delicious!
        • Rose
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
            Hi Everyone, I am sending an order into patternworks tomorrow. If
            you want to order something, I need to know what by 7:00am on Tuesday
            the 4th. Ericka and Gina, I have your order written down already!
            whoever orders can write me a check and send it (I don't have paypal) or
            give the money to me on Wednesday the 11th. Have a great day!
            ;-) Rose