November Trip Confirmed

  • Gina House
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1 7:30 AM
      Hey all!

      Just got the FINAL confirmation on the motel/inn!  She says, "Well, we are ready for the wild knitters!  I'm picturing Animal House with wool . . . just kidding."

      We've got the whole motel booked and, Lisha...you, Rusty and Heather will have the pet friendly room that is part of the inn itself.  There is one more room that is part of the inn and that has two double beds.  Anyone interested in this one?  The rest of the rooms are not attached to the inn, but more in "motel-mode".

      We have to give in 25% for the deposit and I figured out that that will be approx. $16.25 per room.  So, if you have your own room, you should give the $16.25 and if you're sharing, please give $8.12 or $8.

      She is sending me a pdf bill to print out and send with the check.  If you wouldn't mind giving that to me by next Wed/Fri, I can write one big check out and send it in.

      We have a 1:00 pm checkout time (she gave us an extra 2 hours) for Sunday and breakfast for 9-10 am instead of 8 am.

      So excited!  Make sure to mark your calendars and we can figure out carpooling and all that in the next few months.

      I still have to call the yarn store, since I haven't heard back from them, so I'll keep you updated on that.

      Woo-hoo!

      G ; )

    • tech_girl@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1 8:14 AM
        WOW, GIna thank you SO MUCH for doing this for us!! I will give you money tomorrow night.

        And I can't even tell you guys how much it means to me to be able to bring the Rust man...and he is really looking forward to it as well!! See you tomorrow night!

        Melissa
        From: Gina House <gina.house@...>
        > Hey all!
        >
        > Just got the FINAL confirmation on the motel/inn! She says, "Well,
        > we are ready for the wild knitters! I'm picturing Animal House with
        > wool . . . just kidding."
        >
        > We've got the whole motel booked and, Lisha...you, Rusty and Heather
        > will have the pet friendly room that is part of the inn itself.
        > There is one more room that is part of the inn and that has two
        > double beds. Anyone interested in this one? The rest of the rooms
        > are not attached to the inn, but more in "motel-mode".
        >
        > We have to give in 25% for the deposit and I figured out that that
        > will be approx. $16.25 per room. So, if you have your own room, you
        > should give the $16.25 and if you're sharing, please give $8.12 or $8.
        >
        > She is sending me a pdf bill to print out and send with the check.
        > If you wouldn't mind giving that to me by next Wed/Fri, I can write
        > one big check out and send it in.
        >
        > We have a 1:00 pm checkout time (she gave us an extra 2 hours) for
        > Sunday and breakfast for 9-10 am instead of 8 am.
        >
        > So excited! Make sure to mark your calendars and we can figure out
        > carpooling and all that in the next few months.
        >
        > I still have to call the yarn store, since I haven't heard back from
        > them, so I'll keep you updated on that.
        >
        > Woo-hoo!
        >
        > G ; )

      • Laurin Marden
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1 8:30 AM

          that's excellent. Can we just give you the whole amount and get it over with?

          is there a website to check out for the inn - and for the yarn store you are talking about?

          Message 4 of 8 , May 1 8:31 AM

            Lish, don't let him convince you to wear matchy-matchy sweater sets. That is so 70's, even though you would both be cute as a button.

            -L

            From: Gina House <gina.house@comcast. net>
            > Hey all!
            >
            > Just got the FINAL confirmation on the motel/inn! She says, "Well,
            > we are ready for the wild knitters! I'm picturing Animal House with
            > wool . . . just kidding."
            >
            > We've got the whole motel booked and, Lisha...you, Rusty and Heather
            > will have the pet friendly room that is part of the inn itself.
            > There is one more room that is part of the inn and that has two
            > double beds. Anyone interested in this one? The rest of the rooms
            > are not attached to the inn, but more in "motel-mode" .
            >
            > We have to give in 25% for the deposit and I figured out that that
            > will be approx. $16.25 per room. So, if you have your own room, you
            > should give the $16.25 and if you're sharing, please give $8.12 or $8.
            >
            > She is sending me a pdf bill to print out and send with the check.
            > If you wouldn't mind giving that to me by next Wed/Fri, I can write
            > one big check out and send it in.
            >
            > We have a 1:00 pm checkout time (she gave us an extra 2 hours) for
            > Sunday and breakfast for 9-10 am instead of 8 am.
            >
            > So excited! Make sure to mark your calendars and we can figure out
            > carpooling and all that in the next few months.
            >
            > I still have to call the yarn store, since I haven't heard back from
            > them, so I'll keep you updated on that.
            >
            > Woo-hoo!
            >
            > G ; )

          • Chris Haddad

              Message 6 of 8 , May 1 8:51 AM
                Website for the inn (I think it sent it before, but it might have gotten screwed up):

                And, L,  you could write out a check for your whole weekend stay if you'd like.  I'd give that in with our deposit but make that check out to the Inn instead.  All other checks should probably be made out to me, so I can send in one big check instead of 15 small ones.

                The yarn store is the Knitting Studio in Montpelier, VT:

                Lisha, Yea to Rusty!

                G ; )

                Message 7 of 8 , May 1 9:00 AM
                  Chris,  you're right.  I didn't quite think of the three days...I thought (as a quick calculation) to just use the $65 per night for 1 night...duh.   But, she'll be sending me the pdf bill in the next day or two and it will have all the CORRECT numbers on it.  Why don't we wait until I get that and I will bring it to group and we can collect money then.

                  Gina ; )

                  P.S.  I think it will be 25% of the total length of stay.  We'll be there for Friday afternoon (check in is at 4 pm) to Sunday afternoon (check out at 1 pm).

                  On May 1, 2008, at 11:44 AM, Chris Haddad wrote:

                  Gina, is that 25% of the length of the stay? Are we up there for Friday and Saturday nights, or just Saturday?

                  ~Chris

                • Melissa Riley
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 1 5:18 PM
                    ugh, he has been accessing my Ravelry account while I'm at work leaving patterns strategically placed around the house.  I think I'm going to use the old - "Oh, no, they just sold out of that yarn" excuse and hope that Stichy doesn't give him any ideas!!!

                    Lisha

                    From: Gina House <gina.house@comcast. net>