Re: [ManchVegasKnitting] Two Ply Skein Done!

  • Gina House
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2006
      Thanks Vicki and Peg! I thought the two ply looked much better,
      too. I don't know why, but the single ply (with the parts of just
      pink and green) looked muted and had that "grayish-old-sock" look.
      See you both tonight?

      Love, G.

    • brockonline@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3, 2006
        Gina, it looks great, I'm envious... dyeing, spinning, you are a one women fiber shop.  Now that you have the bunny, you will be able to start selling, soon you'll see fiber out there that you created and strangers wearing!!!

        Kidding aside, I think it is GREAT. Just think a month or so ago, you didn't know what was going to come of it...  now look at it. Good Job!!!

        Fran

        From: Gina House <ginahouse33@...>

        > Did I tell you all that I was spinning some fiber (Leicester Lamb)
        > for Joanne? Well, I finally finished spinning two one-ply skeins and
        > then spun them together to make a two ply! My first time doing
        > this...the yarn came out really nice, but for all that spinning, the
        > skein is only 75 yards. After soaking, drying and skeining, here's
        > some pics:
        >
        > Pic 1 (two single ply skeins) Pic 2 (finished two ply skein)
        >
        > Let me know what you think!
        >
        > Gina
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Gina House
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3, 2006
          Thanks Fran! I do feel sometimes that I go from one project to
          another...it's on of my Gemini traits, I think. But, I am working on
          designing my own yarn (Vicki is the best teacher ever!) and I have an
          idea for the next yarn I spin. I'm hoping Joanne will try to sell it
          in her shop or I will sell it on ebay. Ebay seems to get a lot of
          viewers...

          What're you working on? I've missed seeing you at knitting! Will
          you be able to come with us on Sunday to the Ewe'll Love It 40% off
          sale? If you can't let me know if you need anything and I'll pick it
          up for ya...

          Hugs...G.
        • brockonline@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 5, 2006
            I'm working on the Mary Jane sweater and also some valentine items.... I'm planning to go BK on Wednesday this week.  Unfortunately, I have to skip the sale today.  I just emailed Laurin at home to let her know.   See you all on Wednesday.
            Fran

            From: Gina House <ginahouse33@...>