Re: [Maltese_Genealogy] Re: Family Research - Joseph Carmel Dimitri

  • Harry Garrett
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 4, 2012
      Hi Adrian,

      If you scan me a copy of your grandfather's birth certificate I will try to decipher the handwriting.   My email address is     harrygarrett@....   Regards.     Harry Garrett from Malta
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Adrian
      Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2012 10:15 AM
      Subject: [Maltese_Genealogy] Re: Family Research - Joseph Carmel Dimitri

      My Father's name is Joseph William Vincent Paul Dimitrio he was born in Cardiff, South Wales UK.

      --- In Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian" <apdimitrio@...> wrote:

      > I am hoping that someone could help me I am and have been for the past 5 years trying to research my Maltese heritage on my father's side I managed to get hold of Photos of my Grandfather's birth certificate but it is not very clear and I can only just make out names.
      >
      > I believe that his Father was called Francis Demitri (Spelling of Dimitri varies from Demetri, Dimitrio) and his mothers name Rosaria Bugeja (her first is not clear it could be Rosina, there is also Theodora in the name)
      >
      > My Grandfather's birth was registered in St Laurence Collegiate Church in Vittorosa in May 1907.
      >
      > I am very keen to find out more as I am visiting Malta in September this year.
      >
      > Your in hope
      >
      > Adrian

      =======
      http://www.pctools.com
      =======

      =======
      http://www.pctools.com
      =======
    • Adrian
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 4, 2012
        Hi Julius,

        Thank you for the information.

        I am keen to find out more.

        Thank you

        Adrian

        --- In Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, josyanne massa <massajosy2002@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > all of my family FLERI was from Senglea but never married there ....
        >
        > Josyanne
        >
        > http://www.geneanum.com/malte.html
        > http://sgranger.pagesperso-orange.fr/Tunportail.html
        >

        > ________________________________
        > De : Adrian Dimitrio <apdimitrio@...>
        > À : maltese_genealogy@yahoogroups.com
        > Envoyé le : Dimanche 4 mars 2012 10h23
        > Objet : RE: [Maltese_Genealogy] Re: Family Research - Joseph Carmel Dimitri
        >

        > Hi Julius,
        >
        > I know my Grandparents I am trying to find information about my great grandparents my Grandfathers Parents.
        >
        > My Grandfather was Joseph Carmel Laurence Dimitri born 01 May 1907 (Vittirosa) his Parents were (I believe):
        >
        >    Francis Dimitri(o)
        >    Rosina (Rosaria) Bugeja
        >
        > The documents I have are not that clear all I know is that my Grandfather's birth was registered on 05 May 1907 in St Lurence Collegiate Church Vittiirosa
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Adrian
        >

        > ________________________________
        > To: maltese_genealogy@yahoogroups.com
        > From: juliusborg73@...
        > Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 09:17:50 +0000
        > Subject: RE: [Maltese_Genealogy] Re: Family Research - Joseph Carmel Dimitri
        >

        > Hi Adrian,
        > If you have your fathe'ertificate it will give your grandparent's names very clearly.
        >
        > Cheers, Julius Borg, the Maltese of Egypt family tree man
        >
        > I can now say that I am a citizen of Malta, in spite of the above, having been confirmed by the Government of Malta as per attached certificate.
        >
        > P.S. I have now reached the 4/5 of a century, the memory is not as good as it used to be.   Please do not hesitate to remind me of any questions/queries you may have put to me which I have not answered.
        >

        > ________________________________
        > To: Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com
        > From: apdimitrio@...
        > Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 09:15:13 +0000
        > Subject: [Maltese_Genealogy] Re: Family Research - Joseph Carmel Dimitri
        >

        > My Father's name is Joseph William Vincent Paul Dimitrio he was born in Cardiff, South Wales UK.
        >
        > --- In Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian" <apdimitrio@> wrote:
        > >

        > > I am hoping that someone could help me I am and have been for the past 5 years trying to research my Maltese heritage on my father's side I managed to get hold of Photos of my Grandfather's birth certificate but it is not very clear and I can only just make out names.
        > >
        > > I believe that his Father was called Francis Demitri (Spelling of Dimitri varies from Demetri, Dimitrio) and his mothers name Rosaria Bugeja (her first is not clear it could be Rosina, there is also Theodora in the name)
        > >
        > > My Grandfather's birth was registered in St Laurence Collegiate Church in Vittorosa in May 1907.
        > >
        > > I am very keen to find out more as I am visiting Malta in September this year.

      • Julius Borg
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 4, 2012
          Hi Adrian,

          It was Josyanne who replied to your original email not me, as per emails hereunder.

          To: Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com
          From: apdimitrio@...
          Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 12:11:02 +0000

> [...]

          > My Father's name is Joseph William Vincent Paul Dimitrio he was born in Cardiff, South Wales UK.
          >
          > --- In Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian" <apdimitrio@> wrote:
          > >

          > > I am hoping that someone could help me I am and have been for the past 5 years trying to research my Maltese heritage on my father's side I managed to get hold of Photos of my Grandfather's birth certificate but it is not very clear and I can only just make out names.
          > >
          > > I believe that his Father was called Francis Demitri (Spelling of Dimitri varies from Demetri, Dimitrio) and his mothers name Rosaria Bugeja (her first is not clear it could be Rosina, there is also Theodora in the name)
          > >
          > > My Grandfather's birth was registered in St Laurence Collegiate Church in Vittorosa in May 1907.
          > >
          > > I am very keen to find out more as I am visiting Malta in September this year.

        • Adrian
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 7, 2012
            Hi Julius,

            Thank you for your email.

            I realised after I sent it.

            Regards

            Adrian

            --- In Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Julius Borg <juliusborg73@...> wrote:

> [...]
            >
            > > My Father's name is Joseph William Vincent Paul Dimitrio he was born in Cardiff, South Wales UK.
            >

            > > --- In Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian" <apdimitrio@> wrote:
            >

            > > > I am hoping that someone could help me I am and have been for the past 5 years trying to research my Maltese heritage on my father's side I managed to get hold of Photos of my Grandfather's birth certificate but it is not very clear and I can only just make out names.
            >

            > > > I believe that his Father was called Francis Demitri (Spelling of Dimitri varies from Demetri, Dimitrio) and his mothers name Rosaria Bugeja (her first is not clear it could be Rosina, there is also Theodora in the name)
            >

            > > > My Grandfather's birth was registered in St Laurence Collegiate Church in Vittorosa in May 1907.
            >

            > > > I am very keen to find out more as I am visiting Malta in September this year.

          • Harry Garrett
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 9, 2012
              Hi Adrian,   This is what I wrote:

              "If you scan me a copy of your grandfather's birth certificate I will try to decipher the handwriting.   My email address is     harrygarrett@....   Regards.     Harry Garrett from Malta".

              The offer is free, of course!!!

              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 23, 2012
                To Adrian,

                I managed to obtain a copy of the original Baptism certificate of  your ancestor Joseph, held by St Lawrence Parish Church, in Vittoriosa.  I also managed to gather the full names of your (three)ancestors and the date of Joseph's baptism, which I will include, (together with the copy of the certificate) in an off-list email to you..   Your next step is now to apply for a full birth certificate from the Public Registry in Malta.   You will find all the information require on   www.certifikati.gov.mt.    Good hunting.   Harry Garrett ( from Malta)

                From: apdimitrio@...
                Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 12:11:02 +0000

                =======
                http://www.pctools.com
                =======

                =======
                http://www.pctools.com
                =======
              • carmenborg@sbcglobal.net
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 13, 2012
                  Hi Adrian,

                  Did you have any luck finding your Dimitri's? Have you been in contact with Harry Garrett? He is in Malta. His email is harrygarrett@.... Write to him before you go to Malta. You will find him most helpful.
                  Regards, Carmen

                  --- In Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian" <apdimitrio@...> wrote:

                  > I am hoping that someone could help me I am and have been for the past 5 years trying to research my Maltese heritage on my father's side I managed to get hold of Photos of my Grandfather's birth certificate but it is not very clear and I can only just make out names.
                  >
                  > I believe that his Father was called Francis Demitri (Spelling of Dimitri varies from Demetri, Dimitrio) and his mothers name Rosaria Bugeja (her first is not clear it could be Rosina, there is also Theodora in the name)
                  >
                  > My Grandfather's birth was registered in St Laurence Collegiate Church in Vittorosa in May 1907.
                  >
                  > I am very keen to find out more as I am visiting Malta in September this year.
                  >
                  > Your in hope
                  >
                  > Adrian

                • Adrian Dimitrio
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 14, 2012
                    Hi Carmen,

                    Thank you for your email.

                    Yes I have been in contact with Harry.

                    I seem to have come to a dead end in finding info on my great grandparents.

                    Regards

                    Adrian

                    Sent from my Windows Phone

                    Did you have any luck finding your Dimitri's? Have you been in contact with Harry Garrett? He is in Malta. His email is harrygarrett@.... Write to him before you go to Malta. You will find him most helpful.
                    Regards, Carmen

                    --- In Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian" <apdimitrio@...> wrote:

                    > I am hoping that someone could help me I am and have been for the past 5 years trying to research my Maltese heritage on my father's side I managed to get hold of Photos of my Grandfather's birth certificate but it is not very clear and I can only just make out names.
                    >
                    > I believe that his Father was called Francis Demitri (Spelling of Dimitri varies from Demetri, Dimitrio) and his mothers name Rosaria Bugeja (her first is not clear it could be Rosina, there is also Theodora in the name)
                    >
                    > My Grandfather's birth was registered in St Laurence Collegiate Church in Vittorosa in May 1907.
                    >
                    > I am very keen to find out more as I am visiting Malta in September this year.
                    >
                    > Your in hope
                    >
                    > Adrian

                  • josyanne massa
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 17, 2012
                      thoses archives will be shortly free for access
                      given at the begining of the year by a private donateur - from his personal heritage, it is now in Gozo archives

                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 11, 2012
                        Hi All,

                        I am due to land in Malta tomorrow.

                        I have discovered possible living relatives who live in Birgu they are Carmel Dimitri, Doris Dimitri there is two Carmel Dimitri.

                        As I have only just discovered this today I have no managed to get in contact with them to test the water to see if they are related.

                        If anyone knows them I would be keen to find out while I am in Malta as I am planning to visit Birgu as this is where my Grandfather was born.

                        I will be receiving emails.

                        Here hoping

                        Regards

                        Adrian