Family Research - Joseph Carmel Dimitri

  • Adrian
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 4, 2012
      I am hoping that someone could help me I am and have been for the past 5 years trying to research my Maltese heritage on my father's side I managed to get hold of Photos of my Grandfather's birth certificate but it is not very clear and I can only just make out names.

      I believe that his Father was called Francis Demitri (Spelling of Dimitri varies from Demetri, Dimitrio) and his mothers name Rosaria Bugeja (her first is not clear it could be Rosina, there is also Theodora in the name)

      My Grandfather's birth was registered in St Laurence Collegiate Church in Vittorosa in May 1907.

      I am very keen to find out more as I am visiting Malta in September this year.

      Your in hope

      Adrian
    • Adrian
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 4, 2012
        My Father's name is Joseph William Vincent Paul Dimitrio he was born in Cardiff, South Wales UK.

        --- In Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian" <apdimitrio@...> wrote:

        > I am hoping that someone could help me I am and have been for the past 5 years trying to research my Maltese heritage on my father's side I managed to get hold of Photos of my Grandfather's birth certificate but it is not very clear and I can only just make out names.
        >
        > I believe that his Father was called Francis Demitri (Spelling of Dimitri varies from Demetri, Dimitrio) and his mothers name Rosaria Bugeja (her first is not clear it could be Rosina, there is also Theodora in the name)
        >
        > My Grandfather's birth was registered in St Laurence Collegiate Church in Vittorosa in May 1907.
        >
        > I am very keen to find out more as I am visiting Malta in September this year.
        >
        > Your in hope
        >
        > Adrian

      • Julius Borg
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 4, 2012
          Hi Adrian,
          If you have your fathe'ertificate it will give your grandparent's names very clearly.

          Cheers, Julius Borg, the Maltese of Egypt family tree man
          I can now say that I am a citizen of Malta, in spite of the above, having been confirmed by the Government of Malta as per attached certificate.

          P.S. I have now reached the 4/5 of a century, the memory is not as good as it used to be.   Please do not hesitate to remind me of any questions/queries you may have put to me which I have not answered.

          To: Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com
          From: apdimitrio@...
          Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 09:15:13 +0000
          Subject: [Maltese_Genealogy] Re: Family Research - Joseph Carmel Dimitri

          My Father's name is Joseph William Vincent Paul Dimitrio he was born in Cardiff, South Wales UK.

          --- In Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian" <apdimitrio@...> wrote:

          > I am hoping that someone could help me I am and have been for the past 5 years trying to research my Maltese heritage on my father's side I managed to get hold of Photos of my Grandfather's birth certificate but it is not very clear and I can only just make out names.
          >
          > I believe that his Father was called Francis Demitri (Spelling of Dimitri varies from Demetri, Dimitrio) and his mothers name Rosaria Bugeja (her first is not clear it could be Rosina, there is also Theodora in the name)
          >
          > My Grandfather's birth was registered in St Laurence Collegiate Church in Vittorosa in May 1907.
          >
          > I am very keen to find out more as I am visiting Malta in September this year.
          >
          > Your in hope
          >
          > Adrian

        • Adrian Dimitrio
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 4, 2012
            Hi Julius,

            I know my Grandparents I am trying to find information about my great grandparents my Grandfathers Parents.

            My Grandfather was Joseph Carmel Laurence Dimitri born 01 May 1907 (Vittirosa) his Parents were (I believe):

               Francis Dimitri(o)
               Rosina (Rosaria) Bugeja

            The documents I have are not that clear all I know is that my Grandfather's birth was registered on 05 May 1907 in St Lurence Collegiate Church Vittiirosa

            Regards

            Adrian

            To: maltese_genealogy@yahoogroups.com

            From: apdimitrio@...
            Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 09:15:13 +0000

            My Father's name is Joseph William Vincent Paul Dimitrio he was born in Cardiff, South Wales UK.

            --- In Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian" <apdimitrio@...> wrote:

            > I am hoping that someone could help me I am and have been for the past 5 years trying to research my Maltese heritage on my father's side I managed to get hold of Photos of my Grandfather's birth certificate but it is not very clear and I can only just make out names.
            >
            > I believe that his Father was called Francis Demitri (Spelling of Dimitri varies from Demetri, Dimitrio) and his mothers name Rosaria Bugeja (her first is not clear it could be Rosina, there is also Theodora in the name)
            >
            > My Grandfather's birth was registered in St Laurence Collegiate Church in Vittorosa in May 1907.
            >
            > I am very keen to find out more as I am visiting Malta in September this year.
            >
            > Your in hope
            >
            > Adrian

          • josyanne massa
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 4, 2012
              Hello Adrian
              the best thing will be to got the San Lorenzo Church in vittoriosa when you are in Malta
              lots of DEMETRIO recorded there since 1612
              you will certainely have to go to Senglea as well ( 15 minutes walk ) and cospicua 5 minutes walk if you follow the quay along the port

              otherwise just write to them and ask for the marriage of Francis and rosina BUGEJA they may have it but between the 3 parishes there was lots of mouvements
              all of my family FLERI was from Senglea but never married there ....

              Josyanne

              http://www.geneanum.com/malte.html
              http://sgranger.pagesperso-orange.fr/Tunportail.html

              From: apdimitrio@...
              Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 09:15:13 +0000

              My Father's name is Joseph William Vincent Paul Dimitrio he was born in Cardiff, South Wales UK.

              --- In Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian" <apdimitrio@...> wrote:

              > I am hoping that someone could help me I am and have been for the past 5 years trying to research my Maltese heritage on my father's side I managed to get hold of Photos of my Grandfather's birth certificate but it is not very clear and I can only just make out names.
              >
              > I believe that his Father was called Francis Demitri (Spelling of Dimitri varies from Demetri, Dimitrio) and his mothers name Rosaria Bugeja (her first is not clear it could be Rosina, there is also Theodora in the name)
              >
              > My Grandfather's birth was registered in St Laurence Collegiate Church in Vittorosa in May 1907.
              >
              > I am very keen to find out more as I am visiting Malta in September this year.
              >
              > Your in hope
              >
              > Adrian

            • Harry Garrett
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 4, 2012
                Hi Adrian,

                If you scan me a copy of your grandfather's birth certificate I will try to decipher the handwriting.   My email address is     harrygarrett@....   Regards.     Harry Garrett from Malta
                My Father's name is Joseph William Vincent Paul Dimitrio he was born in Cardiff, South Wales UK.

                --- In Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian" <apdimitrio@...> wrote:

                > I am hoping that someone could help me I am and have been for the past 5 years trying to research my Maltese heritage on my father's side I managed to get hold of Photos of my Grandfather's birth certificate but it is not very clear and I can only just make out names.
                >
                > I believe that his Father was called Francis Demitri (Spelling of Dimitri varies from Demetri, Dimitrio) and his mothers name Rosaria Bugeja (her first is not clear it could be Rosina, there is also Theodora in the name)
                >
                > My Grandfather's birth was registered in St Laurence Collegiate Church in Vittorosa in May 1907.
                >
                > I am very keen to find out more as I am visiting Malta in September this year.
                >
                > Your in hope
                >
                > Adrian

                =======
                http://www.pctools.com
                =======

                =======
                http://www.pctools.com
                =======
              • Adrian
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 4, 2012
                  Hi Julius,

                  Thank you for the information.

                  I am keen to find out more.

                  Thank you

                  Adrian

                  --- In Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, josyanne massa <massajosy2002@...> wrote:

> [...]
                  >

                  > My Father's name is Joseph William Vincent Paul Dimitrio he was born in Cardiff, South Wales UK.
                  >
                  > --- In Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian" <apdimitrio@> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > I am hoping that someone could help me I am and have been for the past 5 years trying to research my Maltese heritage on my father's side I managed to get hold of Photos of my Grandfather's birth certificate but it is not very clear and I can only just make out names.
                  > >
                  > > I believe that his Father was called Francis Demitri (Spelling of Dimitri varies from Demetri, Dimitrio) and his mothers name Rosaria Bugeja (her first is not clear it could be Rosina, there is also Theodora in the name)
                  > >
                  > > My Grandfather's birth was registered in St Laurence Collegiate Church in Vittorosa in May 1907.
                  > >
                  > > I am very keen to find out more as I am visiting Malta in September this year.

                • Julius Borg
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 4, 2012
                    Hi Adrian,

                    It was Josyanne who replied to your original email not me, as per emails hereunder.

                    To: Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com
                    From: apdimitrio@...
                    Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 12:11:02 +0000

> [...]

                    > My Father's name is Joseph William Vincent Paul Dimitrio he was born in Cardiff, South Wales UK.
                    >
                    > --- In Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian" <apdimitrio@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > I am hoping that someone could help me I am and have been for the past 5 years trying to research my Maltese heritage on my father's side I managed to get hold of Photos of my Grandfather's birth certificate but it is not very clear and I can only just make out names.
                    > >
                    > > I believe that his Father was called Francis Demitri (Spelling of Dimitri varies from Demetri, Dimitrio) and his mothers name Rosaria Bugeja (her first is not clear it could be Rosina, there is also Theodora in the name)
                    > >
                    > > My Grandfather's birth was registered in St Laurence Collegiate Church in Vittorosa in May 1907.
                    > >
                    > > I am very keen to find out more as I am visiting Malta in September this year.

                  • Adrian
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 7, 2012
                      Hi Julius,

                      Thank you for your email.

                      I realised after I sent it.

                      Regards

                      Adrian

                      --- In Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Julius Borg <juliusborg73@...> wrote:

> [...]
                      >
                      > > My Father's name is Joseph William Vincent Paul Dimitrio he was born in Cardiff, South Wales UK.
                      >

                      > > --- In Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian" <apdimitrio@> wrote:
                      >

                      > > > I am hoping that someone could help me I am and have been for the past 5 years trying to research my Maltese heritage on my father's side I managed to get hold of Photos of my Grandfather's birth certificate but it is not very clear and I can only just make out names.
                      >

                      > > > I believe that his Father was called Francis Demitri (Spelling of Dimitri varies from Demetri, Dimitrio) and his mothers name Rosaria Bugeja (her first is not clear it could be Rosina, there is also Theodora in the name)
                      >

                      > > > My Grandfather's birth was registered in St Laurence Collegiate Church in Vittorosa in May 1907.
                      >

                      > > > I am very keen to find out more as I am visiting Malta in September this year.

                    • Harry Garrett
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 9, 2012
                        Hi Adrian,   This is what I wrote:

                        "If you scan me a copy of your grandfather's birth certificate I will try to decipher the handwriting.   My email address is     harrygarrett@....   Regards.     Harry Garrett from Malta".

                        The offer is free, of course!!!

                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 23, 2012
                          To Adrian,

                          I managed to obtain a copy of the original Baptism certificate of  your ancestor Joseph, held by St Lawrence Parish Church, in Vittoriosa.  I also managed to gather the full names of your (three)ancestors and the date of Joseph's baptism, which I will include, (together with the copy of the certificate) in an off-list email to you..   Your next step is now to apply for a full birth certificate from the Public Registry in Malta.   You will find all the information require on   www.certifikati.gov.mt.    Good hunting.   Harry Garrett ( from Malta)

                          From: apdimitrio@...
                          Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 12:11:02 +0000

                          =======
                          http://www.pctools.com
                          =======

                          =======
                          http://www.pctools.com
                          =======
                        • carmenborg@sbcglobal.net
                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 13, 2012
                            Hi Adrian,

                            Did you have any luck finding your Dimitri's? Have you been in contact with Harry Garrett? He is in Malta. His email is harrygarrett@.... Write to him before you go to Malta. You will find him most helpful.
                            Regards, Carmen

                            --- In Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian" <apdimitrio@...> wrote:

                            > I am hoping that someone could help me I am and have been for the past 5 years trying to research my Maltese heritage on my father's side I managed to get hold of Photos of my Grandfather's birth certificate but it is not very clear and I can only just make out names.
                            >
                            > I believe that his Father was called Francis Demitri (Spelling of Dimitri varies from Demetri, Dimitrio) and his mothers name Rosaria Bugeja (her first is not clear it could be Rosina, there is also Theodora in the name)
                            >
                            > My Grandfather's birth was registered in St Laurence Collegiate Church in Vittorosa in May 1907.
                            >
                            > I am very keen to find out more as I am visiting Malta in September this year.
                            >
                            > Your in hope
                            >
                            > Adrian

                          • Adrian Dimitrio
                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 14, 2012
                              Hi Carmen,

                              Thank you for your email.

                              Yes I have been in contact with Harry.

                              I seem to have come to a dead end in finding info on my great grandparents.

                              Regards

                              Adrian

                              Sent from my Windows Phone

                              Did you have any luck finding your Dimitri's? Have you been in contact with Harry Garrett? He is in Malta. His email is harrygarrett@.... Write to him before you go to Malta. You will find him most helpful.
                              Regards, Carmen

                              --- In Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Adrian" <apdimitrio@...> wrote:

                              > I am hoping that someone could help me I am and have been for the past 5 years trying to research my Maltese heritage on my father's side I managed to get hold of Photos of my Grandfather's birth certificate but it is not very clear and I can only just make out names.
                              >
                              > I believe that his Father was called Francis Demitri (Spelling of Dimitri varies from Demetri, Dimitrio) and his mothers name Rosaria Bugeja (her first is not clear it could be Rosina, there is also Theodora in the name)
                              >
                              > My Grandfather's birth was registered in St Laurence Collegiate Church in Vittorosa in May 1907.
                              >
                              > I am very keen to find out more as I am visiting Malta in September this year.
                              >
                              > Your in hope
                              >
                              > Adrian

                            • josyanne massa
                              Message 14 of 15 , Aug 17, 2012
                                thoses archives will be shortly free for access
                                given at the begining of the year by a private donateur - from his personal heritage, it is now in Gozo archives

                                Message 15 of 15 , Sep 11, 2012
                                  Hi All,

                                  I am due to land in Malta tomorrow.

                                  I have discovered possible living relatives who live in Birgu they are Carmel Dimitri, Doris Dimitri there is two Carmel Dimitri.

                                  As I have only just discovered this today I have no managed to get in contact with them to test the water to see if they are related.

                                  If anyone knows them I would be keen to find out while I am in Malta as I am planning to visit Birgu as this is where my Grandfather was born.

                                  I will be receiving emails.

                                  Here hoping

                                  Regards

                                  Adrian