Duck Family in Malta

  • henryduck77
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2013
      Hi All,
      I am trying to trace the Duck Family in Malta.
      My father was Henry Duck born 1924 in Senglea and married to Antonia Bartolo.
      My Grandfather was also Henry Duck born 1893 in Senglea and married to Maria Concetta Balzan.
      My Great Grandfather was again Henry Duck born 1856 in England and married in Malta in 1882 to Caterina Attard.
      Does anyone have any information on my family line.

      Regards
      Henry Duck
    • Harry Garrett
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 17, 2013
        Provided your dates are correct my immediate suggestion is to write to:
        Public Registry, Evans Building, Merchants Street, Valletta VLT 2000, Malta
        Tel: (356) 2220 9200 - E-mail:
        pubreg.civilstatus@...
        The staff would do a three year search (one year either way of the date you asked)
        The civil status certificates that may be requested online are:
        • Birth Certificates
        • Marriage Certificates
        • Death Certificates
        • Free Status Certificates
        Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates may be requested in an extract format or in full. The extract includes the main details pertaining to the act in question, whilst the full version includes all details. Kindly view the sample certificates below to determine which format you require. Extract certificates cost € 2.33 and full certificates cost € 9.32.

        I am trying to trace the Duck Family in Malta.
        My father was Henry Duck born 1924 in Senglea and married to Antonia Bartolo.
        My Grandfather was also Henry Duck born 1893 in Senglea and married to Maria Concetta Balzan.
        My Great Grandfather was again Henry Duck born 1856 in England and married in Malta in 1882 to Caterina Attard.
        Does anyone have any information on my family line.

        Regards
        Henry Duck

      • DOROTHYLUCYANN PALMER
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 17, 2013

          Hi Henry
          If you go to the FamilySearch website: https://familysearch.org/search and put Henry in the First name field, Duck in the Last Name field and England in the Country field, and leave all other fields empty, hit search and you get literally hundreds of Henry Ducks!  Some of them have Henry as a first name in a pair of Christian names, some of them have it as a second name and some are just Henry Duck.  The first one is dated 1654!  Happy hunting.
          LucyAnn

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 17, 2013