109Archdiocese of Malta has graiously digitized their Manuscripts and placed online

  • carmenborg@sbcglobal.net
    Dec 22, 2012
      I need to stand corrected. The Archdiocese of Malta has opened the flood gates. HMML is only the repository for those records. Still GREAT NEWS!

      We are now offering to obtain documents, for a small fee, from the Archdiocese's records with our new website www.MaltaFamilyTreeMaker.com. The money we collect will go to:

      80% goes to Inspire, Malta. The Foundation for Inclusion, is the creation of two leading NGOs working in the disability sector in Malta. The Eden Foundation and the Razzett tal-Hbiberija joined forces to help over 1000 children and adults with learning and physical disabilities across their 6 centres in Malta and Gozo. 20% goes back into the website.

      Please help pass the word around and we need all the support we can get. Also, don't forget to follow us on our blog BacktoMalta.blogspot.com

      Thank you and Happy Holidays!! Carmen Borg

      --- In Maltese_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, DOROTHYLUCYANN PALMER <dorothylucyann@...> wrote:

      > Dear Carmen
      > This is absolutely amazing!  In October 2011 I went to Malta for the first time and visited the parish office in Siggiewi where the priest, Fr Albert, allowd me to photograph the baptism record for my 2x great grandmother and the marriage record for her parents.  He told me then about the Status Animarum and I promised myself that I would go back and look at them some day.  However, the recession has intervened and it looks unlikely that I'll be going back to Malta any time soon, so to find all the records available online is fantastic.    I don't understand the catalogue record fully.  It seemed to be saying that the Siggiewi  SAs are on page 126 so I requested that page. However, having browsed using the Preview tool I discovered they actually begin on page 113 and end on page 145.  That's only 32 pages.  I was thinking that if everyone on the Maltese Genealogy list transcribed a set of records into a spreadsheet document like Excel we could
      > build an index of individuals searchable by name.  I'm going to make a start on Siggiewi SAs anyway.
      > Thank you so much for alerting us to this new facility.
      > Best wishes
      > LucyAnn

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic